Guys: Do you like makeup? If so, how much and what should it look like?

I've never worn makeup. I always thought it seemed ridiculous, but I thought maybe I should try it. I have really long lashes and clear skin, so I dont really see very much point. But, guys never think that i exist, so now I'm wondering, do you like make up on a girl or is it best without?

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe eyes are a very 'sexy' part of a girl's face. Besides that, I'd say, the moment people see you're wearing make up, you're wearing too much. Try to look natural. A lot of make up is only acceptable on formal events or the first couple dates and then still in moderation. I hope this helps.

What Guys Said 11

• I generally don't like it. A bit of eyeliner and/or dark eyeshadow to pop the eyes, because I have a thing for eyes, but that's about it. Foundation and stuff... no, don't like it at all. If a girl has a lot of foundation on because she has an acne breakout or something, fine, I can understand that, because I know how uncomfortable that can feel, but in general I would rather look at what a girl actually looks like. Make-up can drastically change a girls appearance, and I want to be building a bond with her natural face, not an artificial face.

• It really depends on the girl. I personally don't mind a little bit of makeup when it's used to subtly enhance already great features, but when its overload, like layers upon layers, I just can't find it appealing. I would hate to be close to a girl and have to worry about wiping mascara or blush off my hands or face.

• It can look good sometimes, if it was done properly and not excessively. But the truth is the majority of girls don't know how to apply it. Well, I don't know how either, but what I am saying is that it makes them look scary and it is better to go without it, or with very little of it.

• I only prefer some eyeliner and/or mascara and that's pretty much it. Anything more than that makes the girl look too fake or not like herself.

• I hate makeup. I actually notice people who wear less to no makeup more than the clowns that mop themselves with it.

I don't want to kiss a cheek and have cover-up on my lips, same with lips and lipstick. And I want to be able to wake-up in the morning and not feel like I cheated on meh girl.

• Eye liner is nice, otherwise, keep it looking natural. That's not to say you can't hide blemishes or whatever, what keep it as natural looking as possible. Ideally they won't notice you are wearing make up (except for the exception I mentioned; around the eyes).

• yea... especially around the eyes... which is what so many women do nowadays and its awesome.

• Donno, But I don't wanna be that guy who tried proposing a girl in the rain and went "ewww".. Natural is better. A little touch up here and there is okie. Painting your face like nikki minaj is repulsive.

• Not really that much at all. I also think it's ridiculous and kinda fuckin weird.

• I think makeup is great. Try it and see.

• Nope, I prefer natural look.

What Girls Said 2

• The same advice i give all over girls is stop doing things guys will like it's not good for your self-esteem, do what YOU like to do, nobody is the same ether, some guys like make-up, some don't and some aren't bothered what you do at all, i don't wear make-up at all but some guys still feel interested in me.

• I'm a girl, but I usually wear a full face of makeup when I go out. Never had a guy tell me he doesn't like it, but at the same time I think they lean more towards natural as far as preference goes. Chances are they aren't going to tell you that you need to wear makeup. I would say do what you feel comfortable with though.