Is revenge ever the right answer?

Is there ever a time when making someone pay for wrong doings is right?

• Yes
  • Never
  • Sometimes

Most Helpful Girl

• Um, yes. Most times it is right to make people pay for doing wrong. That is why we have courts and prisons and a judicial system, and other things like that.

• I meant like taking matters into your own hands.

• Oh, I don't know. I guess maybe sometimes, but generally I think its better to just let the proper authorities handle things.

What Girls Said 2

• If say someone was to play a prank on you for instance say something minor like a joke that causes harmless embarrassment or something along the same lines that doesn't involve breaking the law and you were to do something along the same lines back to sort of repay the embarrassment then that's fine. However I don't think it is ok when you would be hurting the other person back regardless of what they did... I mean wouldn't that just make you as bad? If therevenge you are toking about is legal however like pressing charges on someone for assault or something then fine, because you would have gone the right way about it.

• I don't think so. Unless someone did something really f***ed up, and I mean really f***ed up, you don't have the right to take revenge. So I voted sometimes.

What Guys Said 3

• I always believed in eye for an eye, problem is, cops dont.

when a judge gives a rapist 3 years PROBATION, instead of jailtime, you know the law is screwed up, and "law enforcement" becomes a joke, when all people remember is that cops shot puppies, tazered mothers, and cuff preteen girls.

when the law protects criminals and punishes victims, any justice you can make for yourself, go for it.

• It shows that you were vulnerble to what they did to you, it's better to leave it alone and simply ignore the person to their very core.

• I mean isn't that the purpose of laws?