Homecoming dress rules?

What are the rules that a guy and a girl going together have to do as in dress? This is a formal dance. Like does the guy's tie have to match the girls dress? I don't really know what to wear other than my black suit and black tie. What do I do? The theme is fairy tale what do I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you have a date it would look nice if you got a tie that was similar to the color of her dress, but there's no rule that says you have to do that.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• There's no official rule unless you're in some Nazi camp of a school. But you know, it's just a common thing to match the dress with what you're wearing. Blue dress? Blue shirt. Tie could work too in some cases. But your best bet is standard black. It's only homecoming so you don't really have to match anything. That or I just have low expectations for homecoming.

• A man never tries to match a girl you do your own thing and so does she