Do guys prefer girls with long hair or short?

I have naturally long hair. One of my guy best freind's girlfriend has short hair, like just above the shoulders. He says that he thinks long hair is really messy and looks good only if its just a little above the waist...
I have waist length hair but I wanted to know if guys really do think that hair longer than waist length is messy or not? Messy as in uncomfortable, kinda... Please help :) xx

• Hair longer than waist is definitely a NO-NO
  • I prefer long hair
  • A little above the waist is just fine

Most Helpful Guy

• LONG HAIR... PERIOD! Long hair is the ultimate trait of a woman, and it's what makes her that much more feminine to a man. Mid-back to waist is preferred. Lower than waist is a little too much.
    Additioanlly, long hair signifies a girl that still cares about her looks. So many women get a man, start a famile, and chop their hair off. They do this because the just gained valuable time every single morning and throughout the day. There's now no need to mess with their hair (which requires a lot of work). I certainly understand the reasoning, but all these women are almost indicating: I don't care about my looks anymore, I'm not willing to take the time to look good, I don't care what my man thinks (since everyone knows men like long hair), I've accepted that I'm old and it doesn't matter.
    Furthermore, it seems that after a woman cuts her hair... she never goes back again.
    Although that sounds negative, it's the facts. Myself, and most other guys, will always go after (or at least pay attention) to the woman with the long hair EVERY time.
    So I beg all the beautiful girls... don't cut your hair off, please.

What Guys Said 5

• This question has to stop being asked everyday.
    Majority of men like girls with long hair. Maybe to about halfway down the back. Or a little longer. But some girls can still look great with short hair. Experiment.

• Sometimes long hair gets in the way of being playful, sexually and in general, my ex and I would wrestle a lot but often her hair would get in the way of it (accidentally getting pulled or stuck), but I enjoyed her long hair none the less.

• Long hair is what I prefer.

• longer hair , flying in the wind

• I like long hair, it just completes the package.

What Girls Said 2

• Typically, they are more attracted to longer hair as they consider it more feminine. But there are girls who can rock short hair just fine.

• my hair i think goes exactly down till my waist maybe an inch shorter or something lol
    but here is the thing i have naturally curly hair so yea its waist length but what you see is hair a little below the shoulders :P

the beauty of curly hair (if you know how to take care of it lol) you can let it curl and have short/medium hair or straighten it and have long hair :P lol

i know im not a guy but from what i hear longer hair is way hotter and better lol for me personally i think short hair can be messy too. its not about the length its about the health of your hair lol