Is it possible to strip your hair from the permanent hair dye? As in getting it back to your natural hair color, or is growing it out the only way?

Is it possible to strip your hair from the permanent hair dye?
As in getting it back to your natural hair color, or is growing it out the only way?

Most Helpful Girl

• Do not use a color remover. One of my female friends tried it and it made her hair VERY DRY and the result was horrible. The only thing I can recommend you to do is dye your hair in your natural color, let it grow and cut off the ends of it. I know it takes a long time, but your hair will be super healthy afterwards.

What Guys Said 3

• Usually not possible. There are color removers, but they aren't that effective and could damage the hair.

• You want a salon to do that or you run significant chance of getting very odd results.

• Dye it back as near to the natural colour as you can get? It was easy for me, my hair is dark brown.

• Not easy for me... It was the second darkest shade of blonde... there is no such color in the shops... O. o

What Girls Said 1

• you can strip the colour from it using a colour remover (not a colour stripper containing peroxide) without damaging it but it generally ends up gingery so you'll have to dye over it with a box dye that matches your natural shade.

you can never go back to your natural hair colour (on hair thats been dyed not new growing hair) because permanents lift the cuticle and remove the original colour slightly as they dye making the new colour brighter which is why you end up with a gingery hue when using colour removers.