In how far do your looks influence the way others treat you?

As we all know looks do matter a lot in our society, especially the clothes we wear : as the proverb goes " clothes make the man". This applies to both genders.
Now, apart from how others treat you or from which perspective they perceive you due to your apparel, has anybody here who is considered handsome, like an 8/10 or 9/10 & 10/10 , based on the looks of their bodies , ever noticed that average-looking people treat you differently than they would treat other average or below average people?

I personally have observed that the majority of people is either especially friendly to me or just downright mean. I also sometimes believe strangers are a bit intimidated by my looks , girls often assume I´m shallow without ever having spoken with me :( Many girls flash a quick little smile when I ( coincidentally) make eye-contact with them, I'm never certain what those mean...

Has anyone had such experiences?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't usually pay attention to strangers in public when I make my rounds of errands alone or among mixed company at a public establishment. I guess I'm just not as observant as the next person. However, my boyfriend seems to think that certain males I encounter or pass by on the street and in public places seem to notice me or check me out. He also has said that they go out of their way to to be extra friendly and helpful or chivalrous, such as holding open doors for me or picking up items I accidentally drop. He has also claimed to have seen certain females I pass by giving me the once over followed by a dirty look or rolled eyes. He thinks that some women I deal with are rude or dismissive of me, which I think is ridiculous, I didn't believe him when he told me about his observations so, he challenged me and said "if you don't believe it, next time we go out stop and pay attention to strangers looking at you when you enter the room." when we were to meet with friends at the bar one weekend where my boyfriend's band was performing, I decided to go ahead and look. He was right, and I wish I hadn't looked, I felt overwhelmed by the males staring and apologetic and embarrassed by the females giving me unappreciated sideways glances and scornful glares. I am happy to say that I learned that night, to keep my eyes off other people's leers and looks and go back to being oblivious and nonchalant to the whole people watching experience. After all, what other people think of me is really none of my business and I am okay with that.

What Girls Said 3

• Clothing matters to me in that... when I know that I am dressed well, I am more confident. It just gives me that extra push. Whenever I have to give presentations or whatever, I always make sure to look as best as I can. You're going to have people assessing your words and your looks- it's in your best interest to look good. There are some extraordinary people who dress like slobs- something which may not really affect the trajectory of their careers. I think the rest of us should care. A book could have the same words inside, but nearly everyone is going to choose the one with the more attractive cover.

• I don't think that most people treat me different but sometimes I can feel how they have a sceptical attitude, maybe prejudices towards me until they know me better. it's mostly older people who might be a little bit scared off by my dressing style and piercings or hair color.

• No, I have that friendly face so people swam to find me approachable! Doesn't really answer your question but yeah. I do get dirty looks from some girls though lol but I just shrug it off. Doesn't really bother me.

What Guys Said 1

• Far beyond we can image, the other people treated us as the standard based on our looks since we born, let's just see how much personalities were concern to environmental effect, at least 1/2 was not genetic, then we became who we are, and we started to influnenced the others. So basically not the looks influences the interpersonal interaction, is the looks influenced us then leads to the character did to the others.