Im a girl on the chubbier side and I'm wondering if its possible to pull of the red lipstick look?

I recently turned 21, and I'm going to be out out to bars with my friends and I for once want to be the girl that gets noticed. I want to change up my make up look and I was wondering if it looks ok for a girl on the chubby side to wear red lipstick. I know its all about confidence but seriously that only gets you so far, you can have all the confidence in the world but look like a clown and no guy will come near you.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, but my suggestion would be to speak with a make-up artist about how to do it. It never hurts to seek the advice of a professional.
    Also, as a male who has had to work hard all his life to keep his weight under control, I would like to make a suggestion.
    Sad to say, while you are "on the chubbier side" you are not going to get the attention that you want. Join a gym, have one of the trainers create a programme for you, follow the programme. Also, take notice of what you eat. We are our own worst enemies there. You and I are descended from people who probably survived famines and sieges, because their bodies extracted and hoarded every calorie. Unfortunately, in the modern world that creates a problem for us.
    To keep myself in a healthy range I train at a gym four times per week; at a karate dojo five times per week; and I have had to accept that at a buffet I pick the lettuce leaf, not the chocolate mousse or Black Forest cake that I want. :-(

What Guys Said 3

• GIRL WHO GIVES A FUCK IF YOU'RE A LITTLE BIG OR NOT?

BE CONFIDENT, ROCK THAT RED LIPSTICK IF YOU WANT TO AND JUST LIVE AND BE FREEEEE!!!

Good examples of lipstick application can be seen in the likes of Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn and other classical film actresses.

SENDING LOVE OVER THESE FIBER OPTIC CABLES SO YOU AIN'T GOTTA WORRY 'BOUT A THING!

• if you don't like it personaly, don't do it just for attention

• Yes red is my favorite

What Girls Said 3

• Of course! The thing with red lipstick for ANYONE is to pick a classy outfit to wear it with. I personally think it looks better when you simplify your hairstyle, too. Like try to keep it more on the sleek, simple side. Unless you can do an all out glamorous retro style, which looks great with red lipstick & a cat eye.
    Another word of advice: Test it out before you wear it on a night out. Try to get a color stay type that won't turn weird & cakey on you. Basically wear one at home for a long time to see how it does, also how it does if you're gonna be eating/drinking. Also be careful to check your teeth often when you're out, as that's the most common problem with red lipstick. Put your finger in your mouth, like you're sucking it, then pull it back out while keeping your lips in the same position & you will see the excess on your finger that would have got onto your teeth... but still keep a check on it. Smiles...

• Just make sure that the shade of red you wear compliments your skin tone and stay away from from gloss. Shiny red lips is too tacky and screams $20 hooker. Cream or matte in red is your best bet and stays in place longer.

• sounds cute to me, fits the part