Why do people refer to girls who wear hair extensions as fake?

Especially other girls. I dont understand how wanting your hair to be longer and looking nice makes you a fake person overall

Hair extensions just enhances someones beauty as much as makeup or jewelry does

Most Helpful Guy

• Extensions are usually from the hairs of other people. Therefore you are using someone else's body part to look like someone different. Thats what I assume they mean by being "fake". but hey, I could care less, its not like most people are gonna even tell if they are wearing them if they are wearing them right, and you are right in the fact that they can enhance someones beauty, so why not do it? :P

What Guys Said 3

• Don't worry about what other people think. As long as you know that you look good, that's all that matters. They might just be jealous of you!

• Fake extensions are only attractive until the person does not know it is fake.

• Because hair extensions are fake...

What Girls Said 1

• Avoid hair extensions that look obviously fake. Buy those of high quality, that look natural.