Is it silly to give a photo to your hair stylist?

I really like this celebrity's hair, but I don't know what her haircut is. Is it silly to give a picture of her to my hair stylish? Also it's not a picture from behind, it's a picture I screenshoted in a video she made so it's her face and her hair. There's no better pictures out there.

Most Helpful Girl

• its not silly, I've seen lots of people do it. looking at pictures does help a lot, way more than trying to explain what you want at least lol just keep in mind that some salons hire people who are horrible at cutting hair. it might look nothing like the picture :(

What Guys Said 5

• why on earth would you think that? don't you see photos on the wall at the stylist's place?

• Maybe because the photo is exactly what she wants and photos on the wall don't show everything possible most salons don't even have that anymore

• Must have misread but yeah bringing in a make me look like this picture is not a bad idea

• its a great idea... my barber messes up my hair even after very very detailed description

• It's not weird. It's smart.

• Highly recommended for your stylists idea. If your stylist is any good you won't have any problems.

• not weird at all Actually I was thinking of doing the same

• No, not weird at all.

What Girls Said 8

• Nope, I show always a haircut that I want to my hair stylist so that she can get an idea of what I want.

• But my photo is taken from the front I can't find any photo taken from behind...

• That's okay most stylist can at least try and figure it out. If you think you know what the back looks like then tell her.

• No, I have done it. I saw a haircut on my client's daughter which I really liked and so I googled images of it on my phone, chose one that really matched it , saved it and showed it to my hairdresser. My hairdresser told me it is called chin-length bob cut and I have been having that hairstyle ever since and am very happy with it :)

• no its not weird do it you want it do it. I've done it before its like the books they have there of hair styles same idea. its not silly.

• Nope I use to go on this site where you can virtually try on different hairstyles and makeup and when I found one that I like which was inspired by a celeb hairstyle, I printed it out and brought it to her. It was my first haircut.

• Not really. A good hairstylist won't be offended, and they will actually help you if it doesn't suit you. They might give you the next best thing that would frame your face right.

• not at all. I've shown my hairdresser a picture of how i wanted to do my hair. it actually helps them a lot better then you your self explaining the specific style. don't worry. its not silly at all

• no it's smart ;)

• It's not silly at all. I always do that