Is it okay for guys to colour their hair?

Would it look awkward? like I'm going gray very early, at 18, due to genetics, but my dad or grandparents who had this gene concealed it by dyeing the same colour as the one they have naturally, jet black. But I wanna try something different, so is it okay for me to colour? or is that something only girls would do? any guy out there ever coloured his hair? any colour suggestions?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure, it's fine. But one responsibility of dyeing your hair is actually committing to maintaining it properly. Believe me, gray hair on an 18 year old looks better than a shitty dye job with roots showing. So if you want to do it, keep track on how fast your hair grows and how often you have to dye it in order for it to not look stupid. For instance, I dye my roots every 3 weeks or so because my hair grows so fast.
    Dye it the color it used to be before it started to go gray. That way, it'll match your eyebrows too and it'll look the most natural.

What Girls Said 3

• Tons of guys do it, don't worry.
    Just choose if you want a natural colour like brown or blonde, or a crazy colour like green or blue, and go from there.
    I've seen guys with both natural and crazy dyed hair, and nobody thinks they're weird.

• TOTALLY okay!! some young men even dye it silver, and they look attractive lol.. Older guys with naturally gray hair look VERYYYY attractive You can dye it any color.. Sometimes you have to take your complexion color into consideration, so go to a professional place.

• Go ahead and color your hair, there's nothing wrong with it. Guys do it all the time. ever hear of Just for Men Hair Color. I know guys in their early-mid 20s and they dye their hair different colors (not the punk style) black, brown, blonde red etc and it looks good

What Guys Said 3

• Men do it too but go to professional place make it look natural or you'll stand out and look stupid. Or go grey gracefully some guys do go early and some girls love it but do it for u and what u want and not because u feel u must look different for other people

• Of course it's okay. It's okay and normal for any person to edit their look. I color my hair. People know and don't say anything bad about me doing it. Same will go for you. It's your body.

• its totally okay for any person to color their own hair. its your hair. do what you will.