Formal dress and Jordan's?

Okay so all my past formals I've went to in a really dressy dress and converse. I got my jordan (retro 3) this past weekend and my idea is to wear them to this formal coming up. I wanna wear a tight black dress with long sleeves and my red, white, and black Jordan's. All the people I've mentioned this to say it's gonna look "slutty" and horrible. I plan on wearing red accessories with the black dress and curling my hair with my makeup fancy. It's a semi formal not a full ball gown type thing. Do you guys think it's too under dressed for a semi formal? What could I change if so?

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, I am not really a fan of formal dress with sneakers. I do not like how it looks, but if you like it then wear it. How would that look "slutty" by some people's logic? That makes no sense to me.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think it's slutty, but Jordans don't go well with semi formal dresses. I think those shoes would do for informal occasions and with shorts.

• yes wear it i can already tell you black.