Do guys perfer dressy or laid back?

Okay I'm the type of girl who likes to dress comfortable (jeans and t-shirt) 24/7 and I like to wear eye liner and mascara. Most of the girls in my high school tend to wear dressy clothes (flashy shirts, pencil skirts, makeup to the fullest, basically party clothes) like its dress to impress day all year! Do guys prefer girls who dress up a lot or the ones who like to feel comfortable? I try a little bit of both, but dressy isn't my style because by the end of the day I'm very uncomfortable.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know you're asking guys, and I'm A girl, but laid back and comfortable is so much better. I've found that I get more compliments when I'm wearing whatever I feel more comfortable in. Why dress A certain way if you aren't going to be comfortable and there's so much effort to put into it, when you can just be laid back and still look good? =)

• Its always good to hear both sides to something. And I fully accept and understand your advice. Because I've been told that I'm totally different from other girls (compliment wise)! I just figured this could have been maybe a problem in the boys department! Because although I try to look my very best, I don't go to the limit with it.

• You're very welcome. :) Thanks for giving me best answer!

• Who ever said girls can't give each other great advice!

What Guys Said 7

• Just answered a similar question, here's the repost:

How much you dress up, how often, and whether you expect that from other people is a totally subjective matter of personal taste. Personally, I love it when a girl can switch from cheap & simple to fancy and high-class whenever she feels like it, and I do the same thing. In my closet, I've got tailored shirts with French cuffs and cheap-ass t-shirts to throw on in a hurry. I guess my dream woman is someone who get really dirty fixing a car and then go to the symphony later that night.

Anyway, that's just me. Some of my guy friends prefer girls who are made-up and dressed-up all the time, some prefer t-shirt/jeans, and so on. I guess the only thing we all have in common is that showing a little bit of skin almost always works on us ;)

• laid back girls usually open up easier and you can really get to know them.

• Ive always preffered laid back to flashy. Laid back implies that you are cool and approachable. Being overly done up or appearing "high maintenence" is a turn off for me. I always fell for the girl in jeans and t-shirt. The girl with all the make up and the prada bag can kiss my ass...

• Laid back definitely. besides, you call still dress to impress in a laid back style, it's not that hard to do. besides, for my own style, dressing up like that is normally reserved for weddings and funerals. but yeah a laid back and mellow style is what I like to see.

• I prefer business casual attire

• Laid back. Dressy on a day to day basis says to me that you try to hard to get attention. Especially if you're out shopping or anything like that. Why get all dressed up to go shopping?

• I fully understand! So what do you think of the girl who dresses laid back?

• It's sexy...and it can be really sexy if you know how to pull it off. If the girl is dressed laid back and isn't stuck up, but has the attitude/mentality that she knows she still looks sexy and feels sexy then that's attractive. I've said it many times before. I will take a girl in jeans and a tank/t-shirt over a girl in a skirt with sandals or heels or even a dress any day.

• Thanks!

• be yourself, experiment and go with what works. there's no hard and fast rules apart from too much is always bad. its about what works for you. good luck

What Girls Said 2

• well ... I know it has been a year since you asked the question .. but I'm new here .. and your question got my attention seriously ... . and allow me to answer the question for you ..:

i always believe that you should be yourself .. if your comfortable with jeans and t shirt .. then dress up like that ... becus ( there is nothing that guys hate more than a girl not being herself ) just be happy , be your self and you can still look BEAUTIFUL with jeans and t-shirt...

sometimes there are accasions like parties where you need to dress up for that ... but other than that just be you ..! and have faith in yourself and the most important thing don't compare yourself to other girls because this is insecurity that guys don't like and can sense ... .. every girl and each girl is beautiful in a different way ...

• Girl, Listen up! I'm an experienced fashion designer for people your age, and I know,

that it always depends who you are impressing!

If you wanna impress a manly guy, dress like your dressin' shawty!

But if he's a real jock, do all the sexy stuff in that wardrobe of yo's!

You gotta be you, shawty!

This is my website, shawty. Shop til ya drop.

link