What do you think of this whole retro 80's look coming back?

You know what I'm talking about, the belts over the shirt that um. Are there. To. Hold the shirt down? And the leggings under the skirts that. Keep our legs warm in the summer? And the chunky plastic jewelry that. Um. Can be seen from Mars? I'm not diggin it and now they have straight leg jeans! That's cool if you're emo or tall, but what about the rest of us? This is one trend I'll sit back and watch fade away. I like vintage but not the 8o's lol I'm glad I only lived through 5 years of that decade. What's your opinion on this?

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as they bring back the entertaining movies that came with the 80s I'll be ok with what people decide to wear . Of course this could get carried away . The first girl I see in a neon-colored petticoat and I think my head will implode .

Oh, and is the "glam rock" look going to come back as well ? That would be amusing .

What Guys Said 7

• Every decade becomes "retro" at some point. It varies from generation to generation. Soon the 90's will be there. When I was growing up, it was the 50's. (Telling my age here! ) Don't worry about it, it'll pass soon enough!

• I agree but the 80's was such an unfashionable decade! Lol the only thing I still enjoy from the 80s are movies and music lol great answer tho!

• *Yawn* It's merely recycling as we have seen other trends being recycled for profit by these cynical marketing types and corporate suits; next we'll have a revival of the 1960s with the Nehru suits and Beatle-esque haircuts; though personally, I'd enjoy the 70s-flares and mutton chops; what's not to like?!

• Fight it if you want, but its here in a big way - but with a twist

• I understand that but I refuse to wear it lol I'll stick to a hoodie and jeans if I have to lol

• Make your own trend, its fun - especially when you notice others following it

• You know what ? I'd love to do that ! I just wouldn't know where to start with it with all this 80s stuff everywhere lol . I seriously get disappointed when I'm in a shopping mood and walk out with nothing because nothing catches my eye . That is an awesome idea though!

• I hate the 80's styles. There are some girls who have gotten really into it, and I've lost all attraction for haha

• A lot of girls are getting into it because of all these gay fashion mags that tell us "what's hot" and "what's not" and then that's all the stores will sell I hate it. I think it's ugly and not flattering so therefore those mags can take their "what's not hots" and shove it where it counts lol. I can't say I blame you for losing attraction for them because chances are they're not wearing it because they truly like it, but because they let trends think for them.

• I agree with your thoughts, the clothing girls are wearing right now is. Not my taste. I like what they were wearing 2 or 3 years ago.

• I'd love to see 80s fashion come back. As I wasn't here when the true 80s happened, it'd be the closest I would come to experiencing it. It's be great to see a revival of glam rock, with all the big hair and stuff. Besides, it can't be worse than the whole "scene" look that's been going on at the moment.

• I LOVE the shirts belted at the waist coming back! The rest of it, EH...

What Girls Said 8

• i'm none to happy about it. One go around the 80s was bad enough for me thank you (Aside from the 80s movies!)

However, I'm confident I know enough places to shop that will have 'normal' clothes without making me a slave to fashion. because... no. I won't do it

• i hate chunky plastic jewellery O.o

i don't mind the tights under skirts because yes it's cold where I live

I think theyre running out of ideas

• I always thought the 80's rocked. It was strange, and yeah, I could've done without the hair, but it was fun. And I, for one, am kinda glad some of it is back. But when people start getting perms, I'm heading for the hills.

• The acid washed jeans are the worst things to come back from the 80's. Yuck :oP

• Trends always repeat themselves. They come and go. This will fade. But give it another 15. 20 years. The trend will be back again. They always come in cycles. It's not so bad.

• Yeah I mean some people can pull it off but I just don't find any of it cute or appealing lol. I think it's just so loud and obnoxious, not sexy and chic like I like to dress. Thanks for the great answer though! I'll be laughing when my kids wanna wear leg warmers lol

• Very true :o)

• I <3 the 1980s :-P

• the 80s retro look been back and I love it. at first I hated it but it grew on me

• I was born in the 90's so I missed out on the 80's and I think that sucks.

People talk about it and say it was really great but my mum really hates it.

I'm not into the big hair but I wear the jeans, legwarmers and some other stuff that goes with the trend.

I'm strangely obsessed with the 80's and want to go back in time (LIKE IN BACK TO THE FUTURE ;D) and see what it was all about, experience it all and bring back cool stuff =].

Lots of people these days are into 80's movies and TV shows, I'm talking Family Ties, Fame (movie and TV series), Back To The Future, The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's day off and loads of others.

It's the clothes, the movies- it's all back for now.

Just wait a while because fashion is a cycle it all repeats itself every 20 or so years and apparently the only fashion statement this decade created and left to be repeated is the skater look.