Do a lot of black women really wear wigs on a daily basis?

If so, why?

What Guys Said 0

• No, the only Black women I've ever met who wore wigs were my two 60+ year old aunts.

What Girls Said 9

• I like wigs. I plan to wear them in the future. My sister too. It's not cause we don't have hair, but we like some styles of the wigs that we cannot recreate on our own hair. Black women can wear a wigs/weaves for plenty of reasons. It could be insecurities about their hair length, due to societies standards or scalp issues that prevent them from leaving their hair out natural. I know more black women that wear weaves than I do that wear wigs.

• I don't, but I know a lot who do. And it's because typically linker hair isn't considered pretty. Guys don't like Afros, the like long and straight; so a lot of us can't provide that so they wear wigs. Is simple because we don't meet euro beauty standards, so we do stuff to make us more socially appealing

• Do you literally mean wigs or does a sewn in weave count as well? Most would opt for a sewn in weave instead of going with a wig every day.

• I hate sew ins because they are usually tight on my head. And I use to have a good stylist too who asked me if it was too tight while doing it

• Yeah and braids can mess up your edges too. If I could afford it which I cannot I would rather wear week if I want to change my hair color. For Example I want either blonde or red hair but I have long hair and I don't want to bleach my hair. But it's hard to get an affordable wig without it looking crazy and fake.

• No, I'm black and I don't wear wigs. Most black women I know don't wear wigs. Women wear wigs for plenty of reasons, to make their hair longer or because they suffer from problems with their hair or scalp

• No not all black women wear wigs on a daily basis. Some of us do have long hair. That may be hard for some non black haters to fathom. But the ones that do wear them wear I live usually have weaves of wigs that look fake and awful. And the ones that wear weaves and wigs all the time their first defense is "white women wear weaves too!" I hate when some black people say that

• I think it's because a weave or a wig is easier to handle then constantly using relaxer on hair. It can damage it quite a bit and is a long process from what I've heard.

• i wonder about this too from what i see in movies lol

• Some yes. Many wear weave

• where did you get that from? the answer is no