Girls, if you expect boys to love you how you are... why do you wear make up?

The reason why I even started dating you is because I liked you for you... but then why do you need to put make up on?

It just makes me feel like I'm not really enough for you and that you want attention from other people - mainly men.

Girls if you truly liked your man, you wouldn't wear make up?

Most Helpful Girl

• i actually don't use make up much, just a little eyeliner and lip-gloss, most days none at all :)

(i actually had this conspiracy theory a while back about the possibility that makeup destroys the face, the chemicals with sweat and sunlight can potentially cause reactions that might be like battery acid, that and i think it can cause skin cancer and its just a pointless cash-sink)

@Mesonfielde i actually only wear it when im with my bf on special occasions, i wouldn't otherwise

• I would like a girl who wears 0 - 5% makeup, no matter what the time of day or occasion.

• Oh, colorless is okay. I mean, that doesn't mess anything up.

• the label says lipgloss though o_o then again its a local brand so i can expect them to mess up the labeling, oh well lip balm it is

im gonna buy imported from now on to save embarassment, i actually thought it was makeup though lol, so i really just use eyeliner, less than 5% then lol xD

What Girls Said 17

• First, no girl is as naive as expect boys to love us as we are, as in 100%, otherwise we wouldn't shave and stuff like that.
    Wearing make up is more of a society requirement than anything else. It's not for you, not for other guys and I'm pretty sure not all girls think it's fun. Like heels... and we could go on.

So in the end, you fell in love and started dating the girl when she didn't wear any make up? But like I said, there are many situations in a daily life of a girl where she's required to wear make-up that go beyond what you like and just pleasing you.

• Girls wear makeup for themselves not men.

• Ha, don't generalise because you wear make up for yourself...

• Lol...

• "Make up probably them a false sense of beauty anyway."

Don't be so judgmental. Let women look how they want to look, and don't judge them for it. If they want to be hairy, let them. If they want to shave, let them.

• Ie loved several people, but my makeup it for me. Imagina you have a Boner all the time, and it never goes away. Any time you talk to people, your worried they see it, your worried they think something is wiring with you physically, your worried your ugly. In fact you know it's ugly. Every second of your day, and 90% of your stress comes from that boner. It destroys you confidence. Then one day they invent a pair of pants that can hide it. So now for 4, 5, 7, 8 hours a day you don't have any worry about how people look at you. You have the confidence to look then in the eye. And maybe even build the confidence to go in public with a love one. To feel beautiful.
    That's what makes me wear makeup. Being able to feel good about myself for at leat 1 hour day is important to me. And the person I'm with shouldn't care about how I feel good about myself as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. I fact they should encourage me to keep trying to feel good

• I think most girls wear make-up so they can feel confident about what they look. Some girls think their face look bland without make-up and that if other people (NOT JUST MEN BUT ALL TYPES OF SEXES) see them, they might think she's ugly or what.. but of course that's only psychological.. some do not care about other people at all, right?

When I was in college I kept on checking myself in the mirror if my blush-on is still there or not.. I have a bf that time and I didn't care about other men, really. I just wished my blush-on could stick on my face 24 hrs, because psychologically, I think I'm pretty with blush-on.

Now, I don't wear make-up (except for occasions where I should!).. and I don't even care if I forgot my lipstick. I think it's because I'm engaged to someone who makes me feel very confident about myself. :)

• I don't see a correlation between the amount of love and confidence a women has about her partner, and the amount of makeup she uses.

Personally I don't like makeup, or wearing it and almost never wear the stuff, however I can understand that its fun for some girls. I think some just like the feeling of accomplishing a certain look for themselves, I guess a personal satisfaction from it (which in effect is a confidence booster). To me, make-up or no make-up does not directly measure confidence. Some just care about their appearance more then others, nothing wrong with that, unless it becomes an obsession or a real insecurity.

To you or me, make-up is pretty pointless, but for others, they have their own valid reasons. A diver won't see much point bringing a needle, but a sewer finds it useful, or a doctor, or a toy-maker.

Either way, trust me, if the lady likes you, her make-up is to make herself feel good, and maybe make YOU glance over once or twice or more on the side. If she's happy with it, well, whats the real harm? Partners will have things we may not particularly like ourselves but, you love her just the same right? :)

• I dont even wear makeup I find it kinda stupid (no offense to make up wearers) I just love myself without it on I honestly dont think I need it, i like the way I look naturally and I have horrible hand -eye coordination so best believe that eyeliner is going to be super crooked and uneven lol. I keep it fresh, simple, and regular. I would prefer to use money for makeup on a pre-order at gamestop, you picking up assassins creed this november?

• Because girls like pretty colours, we like dressing up and we like painting our nails, faces and colouring our hair. We are pretty little peacocks and we like to feel pretty. Make-up is not purely about attracting men. It's about feeling pretty and having a bit of fun. It's sort of the same feeling I get when I walk into a haberdashers - I'm a grown woman, not a particularly girlie one at that, but seeing all those pretty ribbons and buttons and lace makes me feel like a kid in a candy shop and I just wanna play dress up!

• Not true. We wear makeup to feel better about ourselves, gives more confidence to interact with u too. Not for other men at all

• Girls don't wear makeup for men, we wear it because it's fun to apply, and makes us feel better about ourselves. It's not like most girls wear makeup all the time, it has to come off eventually

• I never wear makeup. My mom and sister try to get me to, but I hate it.

• But guys love girls with makeup... thats why girls put it on and not everybody is blessed with natural beauty.
    are u able to tell between natural make up look and zero make up look?

• of course I am... I don't like make up, that's the whole point of my question.

• Natural beauty = no make up... :)

At least a girl who doesn't wear make up is probably very confident which means I'd be super attracted to her :)

• Natural beauty means without makeup she still look attractive
      Zero make up means no make up

Anyway it is the girl choice whether she want... if a guy is on extreme end, I think best if the girl dont date him.

• I actually asked a quite similar question. Here's the link. Hope it helps:) www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1186459-do-you-prefer-girls-with-make-up-or-none-at-all

• 1. They wear it for themselves
    2. Because a lot of girls look awful without it tbh

• Make up isn't to just attract males. Some girls (like me) are really self conscious with the dark spots and odd color in their face. Before you guys started dating, she probably felt like she didn't need to wear make up because it was just her. She probably started wearing it to give you the full package of what she can be.

If you want her to tone it down, kindly tell her, and make sure you add fluff to it. Personally, I love fluff.

• I'm just going to speak for myself, but... If I expected boys to love me as I am, I wouldn't wax/shave/thread practically everything except the hair on my head, wear flattering clothes, high heels, bust my ass at the gym, tame my unruly long hair with heat, and then deep condition it to try and undo the damage, make sure my skin is clear, soft, and smooth with various products, wear push up bras and sexy lingerie, and a million other things. What's a little make up on top of all those "unnatural" things? It's a part of my routine, and makes me look better; more beautiful, polished and put-together. That helps in many ways, not just in attracting men. Sure it's for myself in a way, because it makes me feel prettier, more feminine and confident, but why is that? Well because it's conforming to society's idea of beauty and femininity of course, and I don't feel out of place or undesired by doing so. If I were to really do something just for me - I have no problem with the way I truly am, it's just an outer shell - and it would be a lot less work just existing as my natural self.

All this is okay though, because I consciously decided to conform, and I don't hold it against guys for liking these things. We all have certain expectations of the opposite sex that can be quite shallow, women included. Just don't try to tell me they really like me only for me lol, or that I expect them to love me as I am. I think that's a bit of a delusion, honestly.

• No offense but that is probably one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. Yes its true that some girls care more about there appearance then others but that does not mean they are looking for someone else girls wear makeup for many reason and to please and guy is NOT the most important thing to them.

1.) Girls feel pretty with make up on. It gives them a confidence boost and makes you feel better while out and about.

2.) Make up is fun. We enjoying getting ready every once in a while and seeing ourselves come together. Its fun to experiment with different colors and styles ect.

3.) Believe it or not appearance does matter. Looking put together and nice can change the way you are treated and viewed. WE LIKE LOOKING NICE IN PUBLIC

4.) Maybe you're girlfriend actually does want t get dressed up and look good for you. You should appreciate it and not be so insecure. Dont assume that just because she's wearing makeup she trying to attract attention from another guy.

• Because it's fun. Because after all, what's wrong with wanting to look beautiful? Just because one guy likes you doesn't mean you are married to him and you shouldn't be liked in general. Did I get a cage along with a boyfriend? I don't think so. think outside the box.

What Guys Said 3

• They wear it primarily for themselves, not for others.

p. s.: I hate makeup.

• Yeah, make up is horrible... well at least when it's clearly visible.

• I think most of it is visible, hence why I don't like it. :p

• Fair enough :) ... I tend to notice girls more when they're not wearing make up. I guess because it gives me a sense of their good personality.

• Unlike you, I prefer girly-girl women. Pumps, skirts and dresses and a moderate application of lipstick and makeup are turns on. Therefor, I would not consider dating a woman who does not wear makeup. It's unappealing to me.

Regardless, I disagree with you. There is not, nor never have been a parallel between a woman decisions to wear makeup or not and her fondness of her guy.

• Good for you.

I never said I didn't like skirts, dresses or thongs on girls... because I do, that's a given.

I just find make up to be ridiculous - couldn't care less if you agree or not lol!

• Good for you, buddy. No loss sleep here.

• Awww bless :')

• To me it dosent matter. Becuase to me all girls look beautiful with makeup and without, makeup.