What type of computer do you prefer, Macs or PCs?

What are you reasons for you choice.

I prefer Macs.

Please feel free to say what you prefer and why you prefer it but let others have their own opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

• Both have their pros and cons.

I think the best thing to do is what my friend did and that's put Windows on a Mac. She still has the Mac software on her computer, but she has Windows as well and is able to switch between the two. I'd also recommend getting a good case and screen protector for your Mac so if you drop it or any bad little kids get near it you're covered.

• You are right both have their pros and cons, I have found out two cons of Macs since owning one.

• Yeah make sure you do it before your warranty goes out. Even if it's the last day of the warranty it's still ok

• Yeah thanks, I also hate that oleophobic coating on Apple stuff to, it only takes 3 months to wear off my Mac when it was new, Apple replaced the screen and now it is starting to happen with the new screen again. I don't use any chemicals on my screen either.

What Girls Said 10

• I use macs even though they aren't my favourite computer because macs don't have viruses and I kept getting viruses when I used microsoft word but if I was not in school - I would get a microsoft computer since Bill Gates has done so much more good for the world than the owner of Apple.

• Alienware laptops.. Full to the stop.. Most of my guy mates have them (gamers) I want one because they look pretty transformers like hahah but I have my Sony vaio.. It does its job, I use my iPad more then I do with my laptop.. It's just more portable and light weight that's all..

• I've heard PC's are better, but I have a Mac. It has a lot of problems though. I don't really know which one I prefer.

• Does you Mac drop WIFI connection reassembly often?

• Yeah it's been getting on my nerves a lot lately. I'm also on edge with my mac due to the fact that this summer I had to get my hard drive wiped out.

• Yeah, the other thing I hate about Macs is that stupid oleophobic coating.

• Personally, I like Macs. I'm not very computer savvy and my Mac seems to take care of itself, whereas my PC presented me with a new crisis every time I booted it up. I've never had a problem with my Mac at all. Never had a virus. And I like how clean and simple it looks.
    I can understand why some people prefer PCs though. There's a lot more you can do with them. Apple makes certain tasks difficult on purpose. But as for me, a Mac suits my needs perfectly.

• Yeah I am the same as you and love Macs for all the same reasons but have found two faults with Apple computers

• 1. I had a Hewlett Packard computer before my Mac and the Hewlett Packard computer pretty much never dropped off WIFI connections and you could get further away from the modem. Since I have got my Mac I have found my Mac just does not have the ability to stay connected to WIFI connections as well as my Hewlett Packard. My mum had a Compaq which is also Hewlett Packard and my Mac drops off the WIFI more than her computer to.

• 2. The second fault is that stupid oleophobic coating Apple use on their screens wears off after only about 3 months.

• I have a MacBook Pro that also has Windows on it, so both I guess, lol.

• I have always wondered if the makes you open to all the windows viruses to the same level as a normal windows based computer.

• Probably but I've never had a problem with viruses. I have good antivirus software and always have even when I only had Mac OS.

Macs are more susceptible to viruses now than ever before since more people are coding spyware/malware for them and spreading it out.

• PC, I like that you can tinker with/customize it yourself. Also they are way more affordable.

• Edit to add: It's true that Macs don't break as often. But if a PC breaks you fix it, if a Mac breaks you're fucked. Apple is way too proprietary for me to do business with them, ever. It's almost like you don't own your own shit.

• I'm kind of in between. I've grown up using PCs and I've been able to do almost anything on them, which Macs lack, but I like the sophistication and style of the Mac, plus it's generally easier to use.

• Yeah there are things I like about both. What doe you own?

• I use a 2009 white unibody Macbook for school, I have a Windows XP system at home, but I'm hoping that I can get a new PC for gaming, since my Macbook doesn't do so well with that. You?

• I have a late 2013 Macbook Pro it is a great computer but there are two things that annoy me and that is its poor ability to stay connected to WFI connections compared to my pervious computer, sometimes I have to re boot my Mac because it will not re connect on its own and the other annoying thing is that stupid oleophobic coating on the screen that wears off after only 3 months.

• Can't really pick Macs since I've never owned one.

• Mac's are good in so many ways but their poor ability to stay connect to WIFI will annoy you lol

• Ahh okay I see lol

• Lol that is what I have experienced, they are not terrible at it but lets put it this way it happens reassembly often and sometimes I have to re boot my computer to make it connect again.

• I love my Mac.

• I love my Mac to but have found two faults they do have

• I have a mac laptop and I've never really had problems staying connected to wifi. And I had no clue about the oleophobic coating, my mac is my dad's previous laptop that he gave me when he got a desktop so I've never experienced a brand new mac.

• Yeah I might ring Apple and talk to them about the WIFI thing

• For general light use, I like the Mac.
    I like the notification center and I love having less virus and malware issues.
    Macs are insanely expensive though.

Otherwise, I think PCs are more user friendly when it comes to the operating system and everything that can be customized. PCs also give you WAY more bang for your buck with regards to screen size, storage, ram, and even things like disc drives.

• Yeah I love Mac's, if you read my replys to other people it may seem more like I hate them, I don't I am just a bit annoyed with my Mac at the moment lol.

What Guys Said 12

• Yeah I'd pick a custom built windows PC over a mac. It's easy to access the hardware (can you even open a mac?). Once you've built it you can upgrade later and sell your old parts

Also when you go for PC you've got a wide range of monitors to choose from. You can go old school with the CRT, get down an' dirty with the matte, go glamorous with the glossy or hook it up to a TV

• Macs are PCs.

• PC. I used a PC at home since 2000 or 2001 i think. So I got used to it. I only used Mac in middle and high school and they SUCKED. I didn't even want to try Mac after those. So, it's been PC for me all-time.

• Mg Macbook Pro is my first child and my favorite daughter. She's daddy's little girl. I bought her a 16gb ram to celebrate her second birthday.

• Yeah I like Macbook Pro's, while they are fantastic computers there are two things that frustrate me about Apple computers.

• I am talking about the oleophobic coating on their laptops

• and yeah it is a screen coating

• As an IT prof, I have to inform you that the proper term for "PC" is "Windows." MAC is also a PC.

To answer your question, I'd choose Windows. I can get more work done one a Windows PC than a MAC. MACs are pretty to look at, but are expensive (sounds like something else I know :P)

I have a MBP with Bootcamp windows.

• Yeah I know that Macs are also PCs I just worded it like that so people understood what I was asking but thank you.

• Raised on PCs, but really need to learn Mac OS. Just need to get a Mac in general.

Keep putting it off because THEY'RE SO EXPENSIVEEEE

• When you buy a Mac be prepared for buying a computer that drops off the WIFI much more often and the stupid oleophobic coating that wears off the screen after only 3 months.

• Yeah, you definitely should. Apple is pretty good with customer service and fixing shit, so if it's under warranty it should all be done for free. Hope your WiFi improves!

• Yeah Apple is I have already had a screen replaced after the oleophobic coating started wearing off after only 3 months.

• I don't like Mac. The operating system just isn't for me. I prefer to use Linux with windows as a backup.

• Apple, because everything works. Anything that requires a Microsoft product to operate is going to have a world without end of software problems. Windows has always been an inferior bug-ridden knockoff of Mac OS.

• Yeah I agree with you. The only thing that is bad about Mac's is their poor ability to stay connected to WIFI connections compared to other computers.

• @Asker I have not have a wifi issue, ever. In my house there are four MacBooks, an iMac abd five iPhones. If you are having a wifi issue with a white MacBook have the antenna cable checked. Some idiot put the antenna in the lid. The cable that connects it to the main body is notorious for breaking.

• Yeah my Mac was new in January. So it is the late 2013 model.

• I like macs better. I have a windows computer and it was crap so I went to Mac and I've had basically no issues with it

• I like Macs better but I am not a fan of the two faults Macs do have

• I always hear problems of that with new os updates but I've never had it drop wifi connection

• Interesting maybe I should ring Apple and ask why it does this.

• I prefer Macs it feels polished

• Parallels ftw.

• PC's. I've been very fortunate enough for the most part with them.

• I love Mac's in so many ways but you know two things that I do hate about Macs

• The WiFi can be a problem for any computer at times.

• Oh trust me Mac's seem to be bad for loosing WIFI. My Hewlett Packard has pretty much no problem staying connected, my mum's Compaq which is also Hewlett Packard stays connected to. My Mac losses connection considerably more often. Sometimes it will not re connect and I have to re boot my Mac.