Is it ok to wear foundation every day?

I have really bad acne and I cover it using foundation 5 days w week for school and it improves my confidence. Is it ok to wear foundation 5 days a week?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it is. I wear makeup every day but I do use Bare Minerals which is a very light foundation. Makeup has improved greatly over the last few years and the newer formulations have greater skin benefits these days. What are you doing to improve your acne? In the old days glycerin soap and sugar was always a good one.

What Guys Said 2

• Without reference to the actual use, because I don't use makeup per say, from a guys point of view it's perfectly fine so long as it is not over done, like a cake face. Avoid that and you should have no problem from the male side of this discussion :) Good luck :)

• I'm pretty sure it doesn't do much good for your skin, you should just visit a cosmetician.

What Girls Said 7

• Yes as long as you wash it off every night and make sure there's nothing left. Also be sure your foundation is not causing more acne. Some foundations will cause you to break out. For me Revlon Colorstay always makes me break out. So just keep close watch to see if your foundation is not making you break out. If it might, then try to switch to blemish prone foundations. You get really nice ones that are specifically developed for users with acne. I know Almay, Clinique and Neutrogena makes foundations like that.

• Yeah, I've heard similar things when girls talk and they often say things like wash it off every night and the like but I've always wondered and I guess it is correct, that some foundations types would block your pores wouldn't it? Causing the acne. Either way asker, listen to this answer :)

• Yes some foundations do seem to clog pores. I think it's caused by certain ingredients. Some ingredients just don't mix well with acne prone skin. I can personally vouch for this as I've definitely seen break outs when I use certain foundation brands.

• Yes no harm done, aslong as you remove it everyday before you sleep.. Your pretty much A ok

• Yes, it's ok, but I don't think it really helps all that much. I've seen girls try doing that, but to me it just makes it look worse because the person is actually TRYING to make it seem like it's not there.

• I never use it unless I'm going to a party / wedding etc. I say don't cover it, read this www.totalbeauty.com/.../page9

• well i wear foundation everyday, but not a lot i go towards looking as natural as i can :) just make sure you wash it off completely that night :)

• ye as long as you remove it thoroughly :-)

• Yeah girl do yo thang