Why are blue eyes attractive?

If you don't find blue eyes attractive, that is fine but please keep your opinion to yourself. I am specifically asking those who DO find blue eyes attractive, what they like about them.

Most Helpful Guy

• its a society standard. blonde hair, blue eyes. I've personally always been terrified of blue eyes.

• Terrified? What you think blue eyes are going to put you at physical harm ha?

• Scandinavia would be like a horror movie for you then ;)

• I'd just pretend to be blind and close my eyes. Im just kidding... blue eyes do terrify me but that was when I was like 14. I have much more self control/intimidation/confidence now. so they just make me slightly uncomfortable after a while of looking at them so i look away for a bit to recharge. but now i can look into them.

What Guys Said 14

• I only find them attractive on non-White girls.

24.media.tumblr.com/...2ugp7Ejmw1qmu3b4o1_1280.jpg

http://oi55.tinypic.com/2mphhu8.jpg

The way it compliments their skin tones and features. <3

• Meh, I like the shape of eyes more than color. Plus it depends on the person. Blue eyes wouldn't be attractive on an Asian person imo.

• You just look at it and like the color. It is worth noting that not all blue is attractive.

• personally i don't black, grey, RED eyes can be atttractive too

• They just look nice.

• I have them and think Blue is the best color

• I find they give a more intense gaze due to being able to see the iris and pupil seperately... and that is somehow more alluring - perhaps because they seem so intent on you?

• I dunno, I guess because they're special. My ex had blue eyes.

I don't care what eye color a girl has though. I like them all.

I wish I had blue or green eyes, though. Us men with shit colored eyes don't get any attention.

• Because its blue

• Blue eyes are okay. They are not better than brown or green eyes, but neither are brown or green eyes better than blue eyes.

• It's hard to justify why I would find anything attractive to be fair.

• cuz blue is like the sky and heaven is up there

• Theyre just a piercing intense flare but at the same time they just seem so comforting. I don't know they compliment hot girls very well, especially if they have a darker complexions (not necessarily black but like tan).

• It just seems natural for me. Blue has always been my favorite color, so it makes sense I would find blue eyes to be the most attractive. I don't think there is any other reason why I prefer blue eyes.

What Girls Said 8

• Lighter colors are more appealing to the eyes in general (be it eye color, hair color, clothes, etc), irrelevant to whether you prefer dark or light. And also a higher percentage of people have darker eyes, which would make the rarity stand out, making it more valuable cause it's not common, thus considered beautiful.

If you see a bunch of somethings, could be anything... all the same all the same and then out of nowhere something different pops up! POP! it will catch your eye, and you'd be like "woah!" cause it's different!

• @koko124 No, it was proven on a study made specially on this. The eyes by nature are automatically attracted to lighter colors. If you see two girls or two guys from afar, even if you are attracted to brunettes the MOST, irrelevant to that, your eyes will FIRST go to the blonde girl/guy, because your eyes are automatically attracted to it at a glance, even if you think the brunette is hotter. and yes, I still find your comment rather out of place here.

Anyway, ciao!

• well blue is my favorite color so there's one reason. theyre kind of mesmerizing though. i can be really bad at eye contact sometimes but blue eyes always draw me in and my attention is usually fixed on them. plus they are just beautiful

• Maybe rarity? brown is a really earthly color that kind of "blends in" I guess, blue eyes pop a little, maybe that's a part of it.

Personally I prefer brown eyes

• I love green eyes. blue i find o be very cold and impersonal. I've never liked it as eyes though its my favorite color.

• I thought I mentioned that I didn't want to hear about someone not liking the color blue, I simply asked, for those who like it, please offer your opinion. Some people just can't help themselves though..

• Freedom of speech mate, freedom of speech, you can't dictate what Azara or others would like to say.

• i DO like the color blue. its my favorite color. and i never said blue eyes are unattractive. they are very attractive. i jus find them cold.

• Unique.. like deep blue ocean

• We've been socialised to see white as being the most attractive and blue eyes is a Caucasian trait.

• Blue eyes look like deep sea and sky, when i look into them i move in another space, space of endless beauty. myself i have black eyes and i am almost always attracted to the infinite blue eyes

• Because they are not normal but a mutation