Fun fact. Did you know this? Do you love yourself?

Did you know that when you look in the mirror you are actually seeing every detail backwards and when you take a picture it is showing you... the way people see you. So this may be why you do not like seeing yourself in pictures... because your mental image of yourself is actually backwards. Crazy huh?

what do you think about this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't, at least not right now I don't. I don't really have everything I want. I realize you don't get EVERYTHING you want in life but, things that are simple, such as, a job, and a girlfriend, are what's eluding me right now. Also, I still live at home, at 25. I like a girl who still lives at home at 23 buttttt she's got at least two jobs, I don't even have 1, so, it's not like I could move out, even if I wanted to. Yeah, of course I want to but, is there a point in moving out, if, because I'm an only child, with no girlfriend, and friends who are off doing their own thing, I'd be living by myself. It's just weird to me

• Make your life be to the fullest... dont go off and do something crazy and I am sure you can get a job if you apply to places that are easy to get... work theee for a while and then move up a level

• Well may I suggest donating to blessings for becky if you have no time for volunteer work... she is a family friend

• No spamming. This is a no spamming site. I know it's free but don't spam

What Guys Said 17

• I have never really given this much thought until you mentioned it but yeah I think you are right if you look in the mirror or take a photo of yourself you are seeing yourself in the way other people do. I have also hated myself in some photos before to and maybe that is why because you see all the things you think are wrong. I am keen to hear more of your facts. Whatever they are funny, gross or whatever is fine by me. I have pretty much no limit so share what ever you want to if you want. 😀

• its cool man :D

• You can actually cause self to slightly hallucinate if stare into a mirror at yourself for a while in low light, get the lighting low enough so that eye colour looks almost black and just stare into your own eyes. Some people see their face change.

• i didn't understand a thing basiclly LOL

• You make a very good point. When we hear our voices recorded and played back to us it also kind of freaks us out because we're hearing it the way other people do, not the way we do. So most people I find are repulsed the first time they hear their voice in an audio recording.

• I didn't know that. I really don't like looking at myself in the mirror because of the notion that I see what others see. Though I guess I shouldn't be that way since what I see in the mirror is backwards.

• I make it a point not to look at myself in the mirror. I am comfortable with myself but I feel like staring at myself would make me over analyze.

• I appreciate that vanity is not in your life I am happy you choose to see the truth that you are beautiful

• Wow, cool !! I realized that most people don't like seeing themselves in videos or pictures (including actors) but never knew why.

• Yes I love myself do you love me and yourself as well?

• I love myself

• Yeah I have been out of school sick for the past two days so I know I will have homework

• I hope you feel better soon

• Or it's because I f**ling suck, I look on the mirror and hate what I see, I look at photos and hate what I see.

• Haha yeah everything is opposite when looking in the mirror lol! I can't say that I showboat in front of the mirror either haha ;-)

• you tell me that I am way hoter backwards?

wait what.. when I take a pic in the mirror and invert it, what is it now

• That's crazy but I'm ugly either way

• I bet you can't do it with my dick in it though.

• I don't think so.

• U don't think what?

• I learned it in health class 2 days ago

• okay I'm a little behind. You have more facts?

• Mind equals blown. I ways thought I didn't like what I saw because I'm fat and ugly.

• Well for the most part i love myself.

What Girls Said 14

• I know about that, and I find it uncomfortable, haha. Looking at photos makes me notice my flaws way more, so I like to pretend that's not actually what I look like. I'm coming to terms with myself. Slowly. :P

• Well that is only because you are use to seeing yourself in the mirror, those flaws are not there...

• Yeah, they've got the birthing part down. And most moms are awesome! :)

• Lol... I love my mom she fills me with wisdom... plus since she is a nurse I feel a duty to help people be happy

• Yeah, I don't care. I know I'm not ugly.

• Hmm very interesting girlie

• I actually look better in pictures then in real life and in the mirror. I'm photogenic I think. I'm actually really ugly but in photos I'm pretty.

• Hum interesting also, our mind makes us think we are 5x better looking then we really are.. sucks xD Our mind is so tricky like ughh.

• Bleh. I always thought I look better in mirrors. I'm not bad looking, but I'm not photogenic either.

• I can never see myself in a mirror :/

• I kinda knew that from chemistry and experimenting with cameras. But that's an interesting way to put it. Either way, I think I still look average.

• What is average tho... I dont think personally that we should have an idea of what is beautiful or not... we should all just say everything is and then there wouldn't be so much drama in the world

• I like seeing myself in mirrors much more than pictures :/

• Well everyone is beautiful no matter what... but that is okay because of your mental image being use to that look and you look beautiful from what I can see when I grow up I want to look like you

• So sweet, thanks @asker!

• You are very welcome

• i don't understand the picture part

• When you take a picture of yourself it flips it to how you really look, and while taking a picture it looks like it does when looking in a mirror

• Okay fuck you, you just ruined my life ಠ__ಠ

• OMG 😱 craziest thing I've heard. Lmfao

• You're getting it just now?

• Idk. My pictures are always weird looking but that might be because I always blink.