Why do girls cut their hair short?

If your hair isn't at least midway to your back you may as well be a male. Why do girls not let it grow out?

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree. Short hair is hideous. I would rather a girl weigh an extra 50 pounds, than have short hair. Emma Watson looks like a twelve year old boy. I will never understand why women keep using her as an example of women that look good with short hair.

• Umm... Maybe because, a lot of people think she looks good with short hair.

• No, a lot of women think she looks good with short hair. Very few men think that.

What Girls Said 16

• Maybe because women don't let ever single decision they make be dominated by what men like. Maybe she values herself enough to have her own ideas and feeling about things. Maybe it's convo enemy and comfortable. Maybe he doesn't look good with long hair. Maybe she just doesn't like long hair. So instead of thinking "why dot girls change everything about themselves to fit the straight male ideal", why don't you think "what are the advantages or reasons men/anyone would have shot hair"

• Everybody has their own opinion of what is attractive/beautiful. Some like it short, some like it long. It's their choice of what they think looks good. What would you say if someone asked you why don't all guys get six pack abs? Or if a guy doesn't have that he might as well be female. Sounds awfully dumb right? You need to understand everybody's perception is different, this short hair you detest many men adore just as there are many men who hate it like you. But don't go palming your opinion on people... If you don't like short haired women and you see a short haired woman you don't say to her you hate short hair, just know it's not your style and move on. Good luck!

• I did have my hair short for a while because I hate wearing it up, and where I work you have to wear long hair up in a pony tail. I'm not that attractive at all, but I guess when I had short hair it made it worse. I started to grow out my hair last year when I had to take a few months off work after I had surgery. I started to really like having long hair again, so I decided I should just suck it up and wear it long. It turns out everyone hated my hair short and they like it long. I actually get compliments. So I guess having long hair helps my looks.

• This is just ridiculous. A lot of girls look amazing with short hair, i. e. Emma Watson. And if a girl likes having short hair, why shouldn't she? Because men like you don't like it? Why on earth would she care?

• No she looks like a man

• Not even a little bit.

• While I agree some girls look OK with short hair, I did think Emma Watson looked like a thirteen year old boy with super short hair.

• Because they want to. We're not brought in the world to please you.

• Girls don't exist to be beautiful for you, asshole. Lots of girls actually look pretty in short hair, but you don't see it because you're terribly biased.

• if they like their hair like that and it makes them feel good about themselves, I dont see why it matters

• Because it looks masculine

• I'm just pointing out a fact

• @Asker - "I'm just pointing out a fact"

No. You are stating your OPINION. Not a fact.

• Okay so first... shut up. That little comment at the beginning? Yeah fuck that. I cut my hair and straighten nicely so that I look like I take care of myself and feel confident and girly. When my hair was grown out, it was crazy and unmanageable and no one wanted to look at it. I was made fun of all the time. Now right now, I'm growing it out while I have it under control so I don't look mad crazy when it's long

• It's true

• Does it matter? Who cares. Girls don't care if a guy grows his hair out and if it makes them look feminine

• I live in South Carolina. It's too damm hot for long hair. I always kept it right below my ear. My SO made me grow it out. I'm thinking about cutting it again. Next year around may.

• Because, as long as we like our hair, why does it matter if you like it or not?

• Easier upkeep.

• My hair got cut short once (past my chin but shorter than my shoulders) and I cried the whole way home.

• because short hair suits some girls really well and some dont suit it as much?

• I know right ? Why don't guys grow their dicks out. I mean if you don't have at least 8 inches you might as well be a female..

😒🔫

• I agree it's virtually a clitoris

• HAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh that was a good one. Just be careful with posting opinions like that. I almost choked from such hard laughter.

• I agree, most girls looks more masculine. But some girls look better when they cut their hair. I honestly would never even think aboit cutting myhair, I was ddisappointed when taylor swift cut hers. But sometimes it looks better than before. Try to be a bit less harsh though for these delicate people please :)

• lol what the fuck? long hair is a pain in the ass to deal with sometimes. and some girls like the way their hair looks short. just because you have shorter hair doesn't mean you look like a boy. you're a real imbecile.. plain and simple: girls wear their hair short because they like it that way. thats all that fucking matters.

• Does the short hair match their upper lip hair too?

• lol everyone has upper lip hair. whether their hair is long or short. they at least have a tiny bit of peach fuzz. however, it's not noticable. you're not funny.

What Guys Said 8

• Judgmental, much?

I've met a lot of foxy ladies with short hair... just as attractive as long hair.

Just don't date 'em if you don't like 'em. More for the rest of us.

• Women style their hair the way they like. Not the way you think it should be.
    Maybe one day you will understand that the world does not cater to only you.

• Long hair gets in the way. Short hair is more practical and easier to maintain. Plus many styles look great.

• I've been wondering the same thing, short hair is so unattractive.

• Must be a sad little life you lead

• In hot countries, women grow their hair, lol.

• www.football.co.uk/.../lena_gercke_1.jpg

Is that too short for you? Honest question.

• Yes looks like a man

• SHE looks like a man? You must be trolling; if not, you're beyond saving.

Are you telling me that if she asked you out, you'd say "No thanks, I'm straight."?