Does everyone think blonde equals stupid?

i have blonde hair, not bleach blonde its my natural. I feel like boys view me as more of a hook up rather than the relationship kind of girl? is this all due to my blonde hair? boys when you see a hot blonde do you instantly see slut too? and jesus not all blondes are stupid!

Most Helpful Guy

• obviously not all blonds are, frankly these days it's hard to even tell a real blond from a fake one thanks to all the product people use these days (hey ladies give the bleach a rest for a decade or two please!) The jokes are just fun to hear now and then but we all know hair color has nothing to do with intelligence just the same as any other physical trait. But I think the lightly colored hair puts people in the mind of you being someone that likes to have a fun time. Where as people with dark hair can often be considered gloomy.

• Actually I'm talking about people at the complete opposite of the scale like jet black hair. But yeah it's a complete fallacy since blonds can be depressed too.

• Really? so all azns are often considered gloomy?? :O

• Lol well not all of them, some of them color their hair!

What Guys Said 5

• I was talking to a blonde and unwittingly asked whether people thought that she was less intelligent because of her hair color.

Her reply is classic, "Ooo..she has a vagina --- and a brain, too."

BTW, she's in Mensa.

My wife (also was in Mensa) has this button, "I'm naturally blonde. Please speak slowly."

Lightly,

Ted

• No, I mean the there's is a stereotypical image of the slutty blonde and a lot of guys probably pefer blonde girls but I doubt any1 actually bleives there's any genetic correlation between hair color and promiscuity. Infact, in ym personal life I don't hardly know any blonde girls that are sluts.

• No, that's a silly stereotype. Generally if a guy is going to stereotype you like that, that means they're probably not ready for any type of commitment.

• There are many dumb people out there with all sorts of hair colors. Smart people too. I never judge anyone by their hair color, and I never understood why anyone else would either.

• no not at all all blondes aren't stupid

its like not all guys are ass*oles

its just a stereo type

and yea I know what you mean by just a hook up

its just a stereo type and don't worry I'm sure the right guy will come around

everythin happens for a reason =)

What Girls Said 10

• no not all the time...some people think some blondes are smart. But I think that its just stupid..and sometimes boys do think that they are sluts...but not all of them are sluts becuz you could have a slutty brunette...so that's just stupid...they want any girl they can get with at that time...well some of them do...

• It is a combination of a pre-judgment based on not just hair color but also how you dress and act along with how you speak. I personally have never had this issue because of my ability to communicate well about a variety of subjects.

• I know intelligent blondes and some rather stupid brunettes. Redheads fit both categories as well. Anyone who associates with other human beings should realize that hair color says very little about a person.

If guys make assumptions about your intelligence based on your hair color, they're the stupid ones.

• Ah,most of the blondes that have given us all a bad reputation are not even natural blondes.They think that dying their hair blonde will get them more attention from men and that is part of what makes them stupid.Succumbing to society's ideal 'attractive'.And I think anyone who judges another human being according to the color of their hair is as dumb as they claim blondes are.I am a blonde and I am proud to be a blonde,not because of the appeal that may or may not come with it but because I can prove everyone wrong of the negative reputation we have recieved.I'm not a slut and I'm certainly not dumb.Dont let it bother you and prove them all wrong.

Punkie

• no just becuase you're blonde does not make you dumb

• I don't think that blonde hair means stupid, although I have meet some of those stereotypes out there.

• no way. I'm a blonde...with a 3.8 GPA and still have plenty of time to party. =]

there are just a select few blondes who give all blondes a bad rap. we don't deserve it.

• Well I hope not because I'm blond and definably not stupid.

• Umm I don't think that's due to your hair colour...believe me...maybe its the way that you act, but definately is not your hair colour...Its one of these stupid stereotypes...

• no