Is it ok to use a foundation that is a year old?

Last year I bought MAC studio fix powder foundation and I still use it even when it's a year old. Is it safe to use a foundation that is a year old?

Most Helpful Girl

• It should be, as long as it was properly sealed and not disgusting (messy/oily/dirty etc); powder foundations are dry and can be kept longer than a year if you still have product left to use.

"Anything cream-based (foundation, blush or shadows) last from about 12 to 18 months. Since they contain oil, they tend to break down faster than powder formulas, which can last about two years. Lipstick expires after a year, while gloss will make it to the 18-month mark. Eye makeup has a decidedly shorter existence."

What Guys Said 1

• I can't imagine what would happen to it in a year. Colossal toxin breakdown? Research it, you've got the internet.

What Girls Said 3

• It should be safe to use, foundation should last up to 2 years. If it smells bad or makes you break out. I would get rid of it

• Yes, it's still safe to use as long as it's sealed properly.

• It's not recommended, but not really dangerous if it's been stored properly.