Does anyone think dark hair is taking over?

Does anyone else like me, think having dark hair is WAY too common these days? pretty much every girl/guy has dark hair? Not everyone obviously but most! its kind of getting boring to me now, constantly seeing everyone have the same kind of hair?

Most Helpful Girl

• Dark hair colour has been common since the dawn of time because the genes for brown and black hair are dominant. The genes for blonde and red hair are recessive and came about from mutations of brown/black hair genes, that's why they are way less common. Just like how 80% or more of the world has brown eyes.

If you're talking about artificial colour though, then yeah. It seems fashionable to dye your hair brown or black nowadays.

• Yeah I meant more artificial. Thanks.

• Your welcome, You gave me a great answer, so thank you!

• You're welcome :)

What Guys Said 8

• Ugh, I know right?
    I wish dark haired people would just die.

• I think it's alright lmao. It's just VERY common.

• but don't you need to sweat more than when you were beardless?

• Uhm, sorry to butt in, who CARES?

• Considering that less than 5% of the world's population has naturally occurring blonde or red hair, you may be on to something...

• Hmm, can't say I've noticed anything like that. Then again, it's hard to tell (to me anyway) these days who's dying their hair and who isn't.

Anyhow, it doesn't really matter to me since I have no preference when it comes to hair color.

• if you think about it, most of the world has dark hair. Asians, aficans, many European nationalities. but whatever people have, it's not a bad thing

• I'm not saying it's bad it's just more common now. That's more what I meant.

• Given the vast majority of the world has dark hair... it took over millenia ago.

• Well as but dark hair is a dominant gene, but you also may just be noticing more often than before or focused on it more. That does not mean it is taking over. Be careful not to fall into the trap of availability heuristic.

• Nah. Dark hair is the shit.

• There are many more fake blonds than there used to be, so I'd say there are less dark haired people than before. I love girls with dark hair tho!

• That's nice to know...

What Girls Said 9

• well, you could start a revolution by being the first dark haired person to dye her hair blonde.

• all the natural light hair people are going brunette or black no a days. All the dark hair people are going with lighter looking colors like light brown or blonde which doesn't look as appealing to me especially on guys.

• come to norway, every 2-3 person here has blond hair

• Im pretty sure it's because of the cold weather, something with vitamin D and stuff.. :)

• @shaenielson it's genetics... -_-

• Uh no shit sherlock. But there is a reason we have the blonde hair, and the Africans doesn't. Let me upgrade that face ಠ_ಠ @Dandeus

• if you're tired of seeing it... why don't you dye your hair of a light color?

• My hair's already light, so no need! :)

• Thats the most natural. Only like 2% of the earths population, where born blonde. Even less with red hair (In fact you are becoming extinct, so breed gingers!) So it's pretty obvious why there is more people with dark hair.

• Ummm... most of the world has naturally dark hair. Not too many red heads and blondes, compared black haired people and brunettes.

• Plus dying your hair lighter is much harsher than dying your darker.

• I love dark hair ;)

• Dark hair isn't taking over ;) it just depends on where you live

• Isn't that kinda expected and natural since light hair color is a recessive trait?