How should an 18-19 year old girl dress?

I'm in university, but I dont really know what style is appropriate for me. I dont wear revieling cloths. but I'm kinda short (4'9) which means it's harder for me to pick cloths that don't look too big on me, since I'm skinny as well. What stores should I shop from and what kinda stuff should I wear? I dont want to look too young for my age, so I dont know what to do.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well that depends... My wife is only 4'11" and she looks good in clothes that fit her. Shop in a petite store or several and look at yourself. Since you are thin, you would probably look good in sweater dresses (personal favorite of mine) or plaid skirts both with black tights. The sweater dress with boots and the skirt with either flats or low heels. Also try dressy shorts with a nice shirt and scarf and nice flats with nude hose to accent your legs or match the color to your skin or the outfit. None of these are revealing and look nice at the same time. Try Target or even Walmart or just shop around until you find what you are looking for. If you tend to be cold all the time like my female students are in my room, I tell them to dress in layers as well and you can do this without it looking "too big on" you. I finally had to tell one girl who always shivered to put on a pair of tights or pantyhose after her shower everyday like they were her skin. This helped her out a great deal and there was a lot less shivering coming from her seat after that. Good luck!

What Guys Said 3

• just wear jeans and a shirt with a jacket or something. that's nice and casual, especially in this climate.

• Whatever you want! Remember it's YOUR fashion.

• Whichever makes you feel confident I guess

What Girls Said 2

• Forever 21

• university dress, at least where I go, is the same as high school dress. Most people wear casual comfortable stuff. Some girls like to dress up a bit some days, so if that's your thing you could do that too. I don't think you can go too wrong. Just don't shop at store like Justice and you should be fine lol. Maybe go to a store that has a petites section. If all else fails, just buy stuff at your university that displays your university logo, everybody does that.