Which is better: light or dark hair?

I currently have a golden, ombre thing going on. It goes up pretty high to the point where its practically all light on top, then fades to a light blonde on the bottom. It's not that I don't like the way it looks, but I'm craving a change. I can't decide if I want to add some darker strands in so it looks more multidimensional and natural, or if I should just revert back to the chocolate brown hair I was given at birth ^_^

Both have pros and cons, but I'd love to know what you guys think. I set my profile picture as me with both hair colors so you can have a reference as to what I look like with both on :) Thanks !

• Light Hair
  • Dark Hair

Most Helpful Girl

• Generally, I like darker hair, but I think maybe you should experiment a little while your hair is light instead of going back to a boring brown (which you'll have to end up lifting again if you want to experiment).

Have you considered trying out different shades? The way I see it it just makes more sense to work your way down the shade chart than it does to go dark and then damage your hair again later
    www.fashonhair.net/.../Hair-Color-Chart-2.gif

What Guys Said 4

• I think the dark looks better on you.

• Light hair

• Dark hair is better, but very few girls (at least where I live) have light hair. So, they really stand out.

• I <3 redheads!! :D *drools*

• lol, i've done that before and i did love it. the upkeep is just too much though ^_^ thanks !

What Girls Said 2