Is it just me, or was everyone more attractive in the 60's and 70's?

It seems like so many girls (and guys) were more attractive in the 60's and 70's. Though girls especially.

www.fash-eccentric.com/.../...ie-headband-doe1.jpg

It seems like the average millennial girl aspires to this:

images.complex.com/.../tuog63pv4ls8soxffwkn.jpg

And the average millenial guy is a "bore" unless he is this "cutie":

static.entertainmentwise.com/.../..._Robertcap.jpg

And let's not forget 30-60% of us look like this:

www.silverbearcafe.com/.../fat-guy-on-scooter.jpg

Yet there are styles that are trying to make a comeback, like the "lumberjack" look and beards on guys, that are frankly laughed off as "horrible pseudo-man patheticness". When frankly, I think that's one of the best styles we've seen come back, compared to the "manly" thug/gangster/guido look. We are literally rejecting more natural styles in favor of garbage culture.

I'll go ahead and post a poll here and see what you guys think about modern vs older style. Maybe I'll post a question about your favorite decade as well.

• Styles from the 60's and 70's are better.
  • Current styles are better.

Most Helpful Girl

• When it comes to looks, yes, I definitely agree. Women back then in general looked so naturally beautiful. I'm not just talking about celebrities and whatnot---my mother and aunts have pictures of lots of different friends and family members back in that generation and the great majority of the women were stunning even with no or minimal makeup. It seems like in general people are getting plainer looking. Natural stunners are rather sparse.

When it comes to fashion, eh. I think in most generations there's both nice styles and ugly ones. While I do like some of the styles of previous eras I also like some of the styles of today, such as skinny jeans and ombre hair.

What Girls Said 6

• Yeah I agree. Most girls now look like apes with exaggerating lip and boob jobs. Women were way more beautiful back then.

• i think people were more natural thats why they looked better and more relaxed

• Well everyone's different, always have been and always will be. It's not like every single person from the 60s and 70s were 'good looking', but I sorta get what you mean on what's the 'norm' now, like all the gangster shit and duck faces aren't that cute to me tbh haha

• everyone was so pretty back then nowadays we don't even have style everyone is just naked ohhh mom why was i born with this generation? (no offense)

• You have the right to be who you want to be; keep in mind we did back then. We didn't wear what the "fashion designers dictated" was "in" ... if you think you might like try decreasing some of today's items one by one and substituting with something else... for instance this week wear just mascara and pink lipstick ~ all natural. I'm 51 and still do it, strangely enough people think Im in my 40's but I haven't worn makeup all my life. Minimalize... see how you like it, its a good way to experiment :)

• i really like natural looks thanks for the suggestion i definitely will try this look :D

• Natural totally wins. That's one thing I like about some of the music festivals I go to.

• Not really... I think we have a different idea of what modern dress/style/attractiveness is, though. Guess it just depends on taste, but I prefer these styles/images: www.google.com/search over these: www.google.com/search

Just examples for women, but I feel the same about the men.

• I personally think both of those were about equal.

Maybe it's where I live, but I basically never see girls dress like that here. It's almost exclusively fake tans, thick furry coats, yoga pants, and "boots wid da fur". Not to mention the fact that it's combine with one of the highest obesity rates in the nation.

• Really? Wow, no wonder then. I live near a major city, so you see all kinds, but people my age - college students, young professionals, etc. - they look pretty good for the most part. Any obese people I see are older, 35+ maybe. The dating scene is a bit of a nightmare, but not for lack of good-looking people lol.

• remindmagazine.files.wordpress.com/.../osmonds.jpg

Rose colored glasses, friend. :)

• If every guido on the planet could be replaced with this, I would be ecstatic. It may look cheesy, but at least it isn't glorifying criminalistic gangster shit culture.

• Every era has some ridiculous looks and styles. Blow dryers and better dental work have been quite helpful, too. Though our trend towards obesity hasn't.

What Guys Said 6

• The problem with the style thing is that there are too many douche bags trying to buy themselves a bit of class by robbing fashion trends from the past!

The people back then were different, they had an entirely different way about them- much more refined, so they could carry off the elegant look. Compare iconic movie stars to the majority* of light weight, vapid and talentless twerps we have today who totally lack charisma.

I like some of the trends from back in the day don't get me wrong, but I'm not that pretentious so I mostly wear plain jeans and a tshirt.

Those millennial girls are victims of glossy magazines, they should not feel bad for not looking like Angelina Jolie, because even not even Angelina Jolie looks like Angelina Jolie.

In many ways we have progressed but in so many others we have gone backward.

But whatever, the 60s were cool I guess lol

• we are all getting fat the past was the best to bad we all eat so much junk food everydy

• I agree with you on this one. I found the styles more simple and pure in such a way. I really do like the styles back then :)

• our generation is f***ed.

• think its just you

• I think styles are slowly getting better than what they have been recently. A lot of the 70s clothes looked terrible btw. We are finally getting out of the 90s style where everything was horribly oversized and we looked like clowns. At least people are wearing things that fit now.

• A lot of things in the 70's look bad.. including wood panels on stuff that did not need wood panels LOL