Why do guys flirt with me the most when I look the worst?

It seems like at times when i have no makeup on, my hair isn't styled and I have on a basic outfit is when unknown guys actually speak to me the most. Usually I'm just at the grocery store or something. But if I take the time to fix myself up and look decent (most of the time), then that's when random guys won't say anything to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Same here. I think it's because they think "ohh she looks rough but passable I bet she'll be super grateful for the attention because she doesn't get it" I don't know, but it happens to me, literally every single one of my girl friends and sisters. The rougher the look, the more attention you get.

What Guys Said 4

• Maybe you're overselling it - try less makeup, and a casual look.

I like a natural looking woman - not one that's caked in makeup and/or perfume.

Maybe you look much more comfortable and relaxed when you aren't dolled up, and that makes you more approachable =) .

• cause you prob look less intimidating. you must be hot when you look "decent".

• won't they lie to me? if i wasn't hot they might tell me i am just so they wouldn't hurt my feelings, right?

• @Asker if you're hot, no guy is gonna lie and say you aren't. if you really look that bad, a guy won't call you hot, he will say you look fine/okay. if he doesn't care about your feelings, then he will tell you straight.

• Can you post a pic of yourself one with makeup and the other without, it will take all the guess work out of it, then us guys can give our honest opinions.

• Really hot girls are intimidating and they don't even know it.

What Girls Said 3

• You are more approachable

• because you look less intimidating and maybe even more beautiful ;) Too much makeup also makes women look older...

• Maybe you become more approachable. Lol this is usually the same scenario for me too