Tan skin?

So these days it seems to me that the most beautiful people in the world have tan or darker skin . I am one of those people who thinks tan skin is no prettier than lighter/fair skin . I myself have fair skin . It isn't unhealthy pale looking skin, it is just mine . I am just trying to see if this whole "tan skin is more attractive" thing is just a myth . So, guys, do you prefer tan skin over fair skin ? If so why ? If not why ? Thanks !

• I prefer tan skin over any other type.
  • I prefer fair skin over tan skin.
  • I don't really have a preference.

Most Helpful Guy

• Keira knightly is HOT. And I think she is as white as it gets. Beautiful is beautiful. It doesn't matter what her skin town is. From pale to black, its all hot. ; )

What Guys Said 8

• I don't mind. If you can pull it off, then pale skin looks really attractive, such as Geishas or Sophie Ellis Bextor. It also gives you more of an edge, as every girl seems to be sporting tanned skin.

Also, I'd much prefer to be with someone with pale skin than someone who looks like a living tangerine; which is a risk of constant tanning.

• Well In my opinion tan skin does look better but it depends on the way the girl looks . Like if a girl has a nice curvy and slender body she wouldn't need tan skin to look hot tan skin might not even look good on her .

• I selected tan, but I mean that as a NATURAL tan. People that go tanning are setting themselves up for a really bad look in the future. It burns your skin and can cause so many other problems. I say embrace what God gave you, and be proud of it. Your skin can express your heritage.

• I don't look at a girl and say, "Oh my god, she doesn't have tan skin!" Some guys might, but that's just because for every decent guy there are two assholes out there. To be quite honest when people asked about my "perfect girl" my description was an average height read-head with pale skin and freckles. It really just depends on the guy. =)

• Tan skin can hide pigment flaws and other accidents .

• Actually this isn't true. I work at a comestic counter and I have seen plenty of tanned/darker skinned people who have hyperpigmentation.

• I think tan skin is more attractive on a woman because it tends to make their skin look smoother and imperfections are less visible . (i . E . You don't see any leg veins)

• Fair skin is far more beautiful than tan skin. My ex had porcelain skin, which I adored, but eventually she decided to get a tan via a tanning bed... I'm starting to be less broken up about our going separate ways, I must say.

• Well I like tan skin and fair skin it just depends if it looks good on the girl.

What Girls Said 3

• I really think you need to accept whatever you have and whatever suits your lifestyle and not worry about fads. The degree of your tan will not be what a guy first notices or what he remembers last.

• I prefer tan skin on men just because that is what I am attracted to. On women. I am more attracted to fair skin. So both I guess. But that's just me =)

• I naturally have fair skin (blonde hair/blue eyes). But I go to the tanning bed and layout b/c I personally feel better with a tan! I know it sounds silly, but the guys are right, a tan hides some body flaws and makes me feel more attractive! I don't do it for guys though! If they don't like me for me then I don't need them! I do it b/c it makes ME feel better about myself!