What can I do to take her mind off of the way she looks?

I don't know how to convince my girl friend that she isn't fat and all I want is her to be happy with the way she looks . It just kills me to hear her say mean things about herself . What can I do to take her mind off of the way she looks ?

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh boy . Yeah, as a girl I've been guilty of putting myself down too . It's kind of a mental thing that can't be solved by any one thing you do . Sometimes all a girl is doing is fishing for compliments; yeah I'm trying to think what makes ME feel better .

well, first of all . She's insecure . I can tell just by the fact she says she's fat . She needs to be told exactly why she's beautiful . Tell her how much you love her eyes, hair, etc . Just stay away from body shape . She needs to grow comfortable in her own skin, and that's a thing only she can do .

so for now, just tell her she looks great (maybe point out an article of clothing that "makes you look really hot ! ") she might start wearing those type of clothes for real .

if it's an actual issue (aka she had some serious overweightedness), just don't, whatever you do, say "no you aren't ! " . That's cos clearly she is . She won't trust you so much .

if it isn't just change the subject .

-"oh god I look so fat ! "

-"oh please ! By the way, I wanted to mention that you look amazing in that miniskirt . You have great legs hon ! "

Hope that helps !

What Girls Said 3

• Hhhhhhhmmmmm that's a toughy . I think you should just remind her how beautiful she is every day or complement how awesome she's looking(without her bringing it up first) . But don't over do it because then shell start to think that you think she's fat

• Look into her eyes and tell her that she is pretty,you are not plum tell her that you love who she is now. If she continue to say that how unsatisfied she is ,kiss her lips firstly can stop her from saying how she is unsatisfied,secondly your kiss makes her feel that you are satisfy with everything and she will feel secure :) best wishes yeah!

• Compliments! That's the biggest thing, letting her know you think she is hot, sexy and love her very much. When she says something degrading about herself give her a big hug and start to kiss her. Whisper things in her ear about how hot she looks. Touch her, letting her know you LOVE every inch of her. Other then that confidence will have to be built on her own. But hope you can help her!

What Guys Said 3

• How about doing some outdoor activities with her or even joining a gym with her ?

The exercise will help her feel good about herself and doing things together as a couple can bring you both closer together and even make her more comfortable around you. Rarely will words alone help because she sees herself a certain way so being physical may bring about the change of attitude when they see themselves transform.

• Just make sure to compliment her once a day on something

"You look so hot in those jeans, I love you"

or, do what I do, simply say, "i don't like it when you start downing yourself, it upsets me. "

She needs to know it is not ok to complain on a regular basis.

I had one girl who wouldn't stop it until I dumped her - we got back together a week later and she never did it again.

• When you make love to her do you tell her things about her body or whisper in her ear when both of you are in public just letting a girl know that she looks radiant in a room full of people will make her blush then go for a discreet tush grab