Do tattoos affect your career?

Basically, if I got a tattoo on my wrist would companies not want to employ me?

Lol, to the loser that has blocked me, why bother answering my question? And why be anonymous on a f'in website? Such a pussy, get a life.

Most Helpful Guy

• Employers would definitely notice and take it into consideration somewhat. But it also depends on the job itself. For instance, if you were an employer, would you higher someone with a satanic looking tattoo to work at a booth in a family oriented place? It really depends on a few factors; where the tattoo is and what it is, where your choosing to apply at, and whether they find it offensive. It is not discrimination if large companies have policies that you have to abide by. This may include body piercings and tattoos. The fact is, companies may hire or not with ink.

What Guys Said 6

• You might still be hired, but it should be a discrete one, something you can hide with a bracelet or shirt sleeve in a business situation. It also depends on the type of job you're after, Creative fields are a bit more lenient but a bad tat could suggest bad taste in a field where you have to have good taste, In a tighter business environment it's something you have to hide to look professional.

• As long as it isn't something weird or satanic most companies won't hold it against you. But some companies will because they tend to look and judge by appearance not just the personality and capabilities of the employee. *Sigh* Oh well that's just the world we live in today. -_-

• ive got 2 tattoos on my arms and I've got a decent enough job workin with people in the public, if uve got a tattoo on ur write all you do is wear a long sleeve shirt 4 the interview and they'l not know. and my boss has a tattoo down his forearm and he's doin ok 4 himself. so id say if you want 1 get 1. although I've just realised you asked this 16 days ago so uve probably already got 1 by now anyway.

• Yes, it can have an effect on employment.

• No. Go right ahead.

• To answer your update, I was hoping you would believe me. It was worth a try.

• not when your as cute as you are =D

unless its a girl recruiter =(

lol

What Girls Said 8

• yes, it can affect employment. my friend isn't allowed to show her tattoo on her forearm so she has to wear long sleeves at all times. and some job recruiters will turn down people with tattoos in obvious places, but it really depends on the job. if you're trying to be hired at Top Shop, or at music store, it probably won't be an issue. if you want to work at a hotel or in a day care center, then the tattoo might give you some trouble.

• It depends on where you want to work, but it can make a difference. If it might be an issue for you, you're better off getting a tattoo where it can be covered easily.

• depends what sort of a job you're applying for. if it's a corporate job then they might consider not hiring you because of your tattoo. you could always wear a watch, or bracelets or long-sleeved shirts to cover it up. always get a tattoo on a location where you know you can hide it easily with clothes or accessories or whatever, when the time calls for it.

• it depends on the company some may have you wear sleeves. But, most likely if they want you to wear sleeves you would be wearing them anyway.

• I think it could.

• If you can hide it it's fine.

• Keep it covered and you should be fine.

• Yes, but you could just cover it up with a little bit of makeup or a watch.