What's it gonna take for all you sexy, attractive girls to be confident in your own skin and stop wearing grandma bikini's to the beach?

Every summer, millions of physically fit females flock to beaches in North America wearing bikinis that belong in the 1960's.. It's 2014, the world (at least in the west) is infintely more progessive and open. Are cultural beach norms finally catching up to reflect our social openness?

• I would try wearing a thong bikini to the beach, if one was given to me or I was dared.
  • I will wear what is "socially common" in whatever beach culture I'm in
  • I would never show more of my body off in public - my body is private.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 12

• you dont want girls to be more confident lmao you want more booo-taaaayyy at the beach

pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• What's a 'grandma bikini'?
    Just because someone dresses more modestly doesn't mean they don't love their body - it means they have self respect.

• not wanting people gawking at us and lacking confidence are two totally different things

• I couldn't disagree more.. Why would you care that people are gawking at you if you were truly confident? truly confident people don't give a shit what other people think!

• Because it's my ass. Not yours lol and it's been instilled in me that its for me and my SO to look at. Not everyone who has eyes.

• People are too modest nowadays.

• Thank you for your comment, I couldn't agree more.. Especially when you consider how much our society accepts violence as a "normal" and tolerable part of life - its so disappointing that we can't accept the human body, sexuality and love as more of the solution.

• Really though. Sex is still taught as a bad thing and that's just... wow

• I'm a very confident person and I'm comfortable with who I am. However, as my body is my body, that gives me the right to decide how much of it people see. Simple as that.

• maybe they don't want society to be judged as sluts

• Wow, Florida must be the exception. It's cheeky season, year-round.

• Showing a lot of skin = confident?

Not neccessarily. And why shoukd they do it? So you guys can drool?
    Look, don't tell us what to wear. We can decide it ourselves.

• What's it gonna take for you to stop criticizing what women wear to the beach?

• I'm from Florida, but what I wear is up to me, just because you want us to wear something that appeals to you doesn't mean that we will wear that, I will wear whatever I feel most comfortable in, It's none of your business.

• I don't plan on chaffing my butt crack with sand from those things thanks. I'll wear what I feel like wearing.

• I will wear anything I am comfortable in

What Guys Said 2

• Sorry, bro. A pretty girl in a conservative sundress is still a pretty girl.

• i like fuller bikinis and even swimsuits too. far sexier than a piece of string up a girls ass