What's up with guys my age?

I'm 5'4 and 140lbs. And I'm not fat nor am I muscular. I guess I consider myself soft. Up until this year I've been completely cool with they way I look, but I don't know I've been becoming a bit more body conscious. I have a flat not muscular stomach and my thighs are substantial and brush when I walk. I've been told constantly I have a pretty face. I won the kindness award 2 years in a row. However, only my friends, who are extremely thin, seem to get a lot of attention from guys our age. I only get attention from guys that are like 3 years older.

I'm CONFUSED

What's up with the boys my age?

What's wrong with me?

Is my body truly that unattractive?

What Guys Said 1

• I can't really say for the boys your age but the reason and nothing sounds wrong with you at all. Your body sounds great, and I know many slim girls who's thighs brush together when they walk, and to be honest I never really consciously thought "oh, her thighs are rubbing together." I don't really know why you are specifically getting attention from the older guys but if I thought you had a cute face then you would definitely get attention from me, based on the body type that you described. Don't get discouraged, if it REALLY bothers you that much just make sure to do at least an hour of cardio a day with your hearts bpm in the weight loss range for your age.

220 minus your age x .70=? bpm.

stick to that and try not to eat any processed foods and your thighs should slim up while toning your tummy and your calfs. best of luck.

• OH! and don't forget to see a doctor first beforehand for a physical if you haven't worked out in a long time, just to be on the safe side.

What Girls Said 1

• are your "thin" friends moreso outgoing and more approachable than you? Maybe they are more confident in the way they look. Your body sounds fine and normal to me, so I don't think that's why they are getting more attention. Try smiling more, and looking people in the eyes. Having confidence attracts people. And as you get older you will start being more attracted to the older guys anyways because they will be more on your maturity level as opposed to those around your same age.

im 5'3 125lbs and my thighs rub together. I would say 90% of the guys I have asked prefer a girl with curves as opposed to the thin boyish type. But if you want to feel better about your body and look better, tone up a little and it will boost your confidence.