Does a brand of jeans really matter?

1.Do you even notice if a guy is wearing a particular brand of jeans over generic wal-mart jeans?

2.Does it make you think more or less of a man?

Most Helpful Girl

• I always notice what brand of jean a person is wearing. The stitiching on the back pocket is the first thing I look at in a person's outfit. That isn't to say it matters to me- it's more out of habit. I used to be obsessed with designer jeans but there are too many people wearing them now for it to mean anything anymore. It doesn't make you any more or less of a man.

Frankly, I find it ridiculous when I look around in the hallways at my high school and see Nudies and True Religions everywhere. Especially on guys. If a guy is going to spend $300 on a pair of jeans that nobody will ever compliment him on, his self-esteem must need a boost. Wearing expensive designer clothes is an indication to me that you feel so unsure of yourself, or are such an uninteresting person, that you need to make up for it with your clothes.

There is nothing wrong with cheap or non-designer jeans as long as they fit. My problem with generic wal-mart jeans is that the pants don't fit the body well at all and end up taking away from it.

What Girls Said 11

• 1. I sometimes notice, but it's more important to me that the jeans fit very well and seem to be made well--high-quality. So, in that sense, the brand itself doesn't matter a whole lot--but then again, usually with brand name jeans, you do get the better cuts and qualities.

2. With the brand... Not so much with the more-or-less-a-man thing, but I do feel certain stereotypes with different brands of jeans. Walmart jeans make me think the person is cheap, which makes me question their financial stability, general stylishness, and decorum. Sort of. Jeans from Express for Men scream that the guy is tooooo much into fashion, and might care more than I do about how he looks. I could provide a few more examples, if you'd like.

• I have never focused enough on what brand jean a guy wears. My boyfriend works at walmart ( speaking of) and I have checked out there stuff which isn't bad. The jeans follow the washed out fade look like abercrombie or american eagle. Either way, it doesn't matter. because if the chic you are pursuying has a problem with your off brand jeans, than she needs to go anyway. You don't want a girl that is materialistic, esp to that degree. Clothes don't matter, its what's behind that is what were interested in..totally not physical. I'm meaning its the person not the assets..

but then again I'm a laid back, make my own clothes type of person. I had lived in a commune with a community of nudist. I prefer plain, simple. a pair of shorts maybe, no shirt no shoes. but I guess that's only appliciple in the woods. LOL. good luck. I bet if you find yourself a dirty little hippie chick you wouldn't have this problem..

• i do notice, but not because it's important to me, but because I was a fashion student and I've worked on and off as a stylist for ads or a dresser at fashion shows, so noticing things like that is sort of a subconscious thing. but with that being said, branded jeans do provide better tailoring, better cut and a better fit which does look better obviously. I don't care if a guy wears branded jeans or jeans bought at a thrift store or at a departmental store; if his entire style fits him and he looks good, then who'd want to bother where he got his jeans from?

well, if a guy wearing departmental store jeans can look as good as guys wearing armani jeans, then I'd salute him for being able to work them jeans. it takes more skill to work departmental store jeans, and fairly easy for someone to look good in branded jeans.

• I don't look at the clothes of brands he wears. If he wants me to notice him, he should be wearing a smile :).

• 1. Yes, I do notice, but that's because I notice every detail when it comes to clothes, haha.

2. I guess its not that big of deal, but it does make me think MORE of a guy when they're wearing american eagle or something like that, because then I know they have style, and I LOVE that(:

• I couldn't care less about brands, whether its jeans, shoes, tops, underwear, etc.. its never been something that's bothered me. even though there are some brand things I like, there are plenty of none brand things I like aswell. As long as you don't look like a bum I'm okay.

• Never looked at the jeans' brands, I do notice how they look on a guy.

If the jeans are hanging of his bum and nearly touching the floor with a belt (when guys try to show off their boxers I guess) than yeah - I will think it's grouse.

• I'm a big fan of designer labels myself, but quite frankly I wouldn't care if you we're no would I care to check what brand of jeans you're wearing. If I'm into you, you're jeans aren't going to change my opinion.

• I really don't care what brand of jeans a guy has. As long as their underwear isn't showing! And I can't tell the difference between wal-mart jeans and other jeans...

• It doesn't matter at all.

• no it does not matter.

What Guys Said 4

• lol but the companies make easy to identify different types of jeans like

guys american eagle jeans have a certain stiching on the back pocket like a curvy W

same goes for hollister and abercrombie and fitch and pacsun and express and all the other stores

• If your going to get jeans for god sakes don't shop at Walmart, at the very least please get some Levi's.

• spending all that money on jeans is plain stupid, I've never seen in my life trousers getting as expensive as they are these day! and for what for gods sake? who is going to pull up the label from your back and check what brand or designer are they?

It's okay as long as jeans aren't chinese rubbish, because those are made with the worst fabrics known to human beings! I once bought chinese pants and thought they were good, put them on 2 times then burned them, they almost burned my skin!

goddammit they aren't even cheap!

• Wal-mart FTW!

If you have more money because you didn't spend the extra money on designer jeans, and money is power, and men like power, wouldn't that mean that walmart jeans make you more of a man?