Number of hooks on a bra?

How does a strapless bra work, isn't it the strap that do the support?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really, most of your support should be in the band of the bra. It's like 90% band 10% straps that keeps it up, or something around that anyways.

• Oh but if it isn't the right size it's likely to slip and you have to keep pulling it up

• Not true. Those of us with big boobs need the straps. There's no way the band does 90% on me. Everyone is different.

• Well I only wear a B or C cup so I guess for me it's fine? But I did read/see somewhere about how much support the band should give, so I don't know

What Girls Said 6

• If you have little boobs they might work. My 36 DDD's need straps. I even bought an expensive strapless bra that was guaranteed to work... got my money back for that piece of shit.

• Straps are there for support but you don't have to have them. You can't wear them with some dresses. I don't feel comfortable without straps lol

• Same!! I feel like it's going to just slip off or something 0.0!

• Strap bras are absolutely HORRIBLE. They feel UNCOMFORTABLE. I wore it once on the day I had PE it was AWFUL. we had to run 8 laps & my Bra kept falling. I was embarrassed. Strap bras don't help, you have to lift it up 24/7. I don't recommemd them.

• There is usually about 3 hooks on the back of a bra.

• It's tighter.

• The one I have from VS hooks in the front. The band's supposed to hold them, but it's never worked properly for me. You have to continually pull the bra up. I just do without a bra if it's a strapless dress, or find a dress that has some in-built support.

What Guys Said 2

• just buy 1 and figure it out. or wait no don't even buy 1, just go to the women's section of a store and fiddle around with a few.

• I assume strapless bras are sturdier around the band, in order to hold the ta-tas from the bottom rather than supporting them from a girl's shoulders. I could be wrong, but I don't think it takes too much effort to imagine how they work based on how they look ;P