Did I make a mistake cutting my hair short?

I recently cut my hair short, my mom likes it but my dad says it looks horrible. So what do you guys think? Did I make a mistake cutting my hair this short?

If you look a my profile picture you can see my new hair cut.

Update

Most Helpful Girl

• Is it inverted? I'm a huge fan of the inverted bob hairstyle. I used to have one I've been recently growing it out for 3 years and it has been how let me tell you I will never cut it short again although the haircut is very very very CUTE

• Yeah it's an inverted bob :) I really like how its short in the back it saves a lot of time when dry and styling my hair. Why didn't you like your short hair?

• As long as you don't make them too short they'll stay out of your eyes make them about nose level like the tip of your nose or a little longer

• Okay ^-^ Thanks for the advice!

What Guys Said 32

• I like chin length hair. Looks good to me.

• It's cool but longer would be more attractive in my opinion. A lot of guys will like it short, and if you like it that's great. Honestly though there will be a large bias on here of people trying to be agreeable and polite.

• I figured most guys would say longer is better lol It's nice that they want to be polite but I much rather have their honest opinion.

• That's all very true and a good idea lol I don't ask questions really so I'm not very good at wording them correctly nor setting them up so people will be more truthful.

• Oh no worries. I don't think many people are good at that :p I mean they don't think about it.

• you look good girl just the right length imho... and i hate when i botch my hair-lining though since im screwed for about 2 weeks

• since it was your decision to cut them, there are no regrets sorry :-P

• It's not bad but I think shoulder length would make you look a bit older/mature.

You are cute either way tho. Best thing is hair grows back.

• Really? Back when I had long hair people would mistake me for a 12 year old :/

• I prefer long over short, and I know most guys are the same. I haven't seen you with long hair though so I can't be certain you "made a mistake"

• I think it looks good.

• no it looks nice, very stylish. I cut my hair short as well so there ya go. ;-) I tried something new and now I am wearing a C. Ronaldo. Its all about how comfortable YOU feel.

• In my opinion yes, your current profile pic compared to your earlier profile pics, you kinda looked better with longer hair, no worries I'll grow back :). My opinion is kinda biased as I tend to prefer longer hair.

• Eh. It doesn't look bad, but not really anything to write home about. Just being honest:) I think girls have terrible taste when it comes to what their hair should look like. haha Sorry.

• OMG YOU LOOOK... STUNNING!!! I usually don't like girls with shorter hair but you really really look stunning :)

• Thats a really cute hairstyle, I actually love it

Long is always nice I think, but that is really cute

Its a sharp look, spicy and commands Authority

• You pull off the short hair look well. It works and not many could do it.

• I think you look cute with it and sorry your dads so harsh about it

• With a pretty face like that its hard to imagine anything making you look bad. i like your haircut personally :)

• I think you would look HOT with shoulder length hair but its not bad, you can always let it grow back lol

• I don't what you look like with long but you look really good with short hair.

• Thanks :) It looked pretty good long I guess but short hair is much more comfortable for me lol

• I like longer hair so yes i would say it was a mistake lol. But if you like it then that's good.

• I think your haircut looks good. I like short haircuts.

• I like it. I think it would look better if it was more even though

• It's meant to be uneven but I get what you are saying.

• The picture I gave the lady who cut my hair, it had the sidse a bit longer but the lady kind of took a little too much off lol

• It happens..

• I like long hairs on women.

• Well it surely will grow back right. Why get worried !!!

• No I think it's very nice. .. maybe an inch longer but it's attractive. .. :)

• No its fine.

• You're very pretty but I think long hair would look better on you :-)

• It looks really great! I love it.

• longer is better, but if your happy with it what do our opinions matter anyway

• I'm happy with it, I was just curious if people would agree with my dad or not :)

• longer is always better but it's ok i guess

• Yes. At least if you want to get the most response from men. We're genetically wired to desire women with long hair. Doesn't mean people don't buck their genetics, but that's the way we're inclined.

• I'm not really looking for any response from guys lol Thank your for sharing that :)

• "So what do you guys think?"

Sorry, I mistook 'guys' to mean males. You kids and your crazy word choices.

So, next time that you only want responses from women, it will help if you say: "Ladies only: " or "Women only:", or you know some type of English construction like that.

If you really meant that you only want to hear approval, and not disapproval - then you should just ask for that too.

• I think you misunderstood "I'm not really looking for any response from guys" what I meant by that is, I'm not try to get any guys attention. So it doesn't really affect me if guys are genetically wired to desire long hair on girls. I did in fact want both the male and female opinion.

• I love love love love love love love love LOVE love love love long hair. I think you did make a mistake, but that's just my view. Did I mention I like long hair?

• Haha you did mention it one or two times :) Thanks for sharing your opinion ^^

• XD You're welcome.

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 26

• It looks alright to me.

• I don't know if it's because you're tilting your head but it looks very unevenly cut... which is especially unfortunate since it's longer in the side opposite of your hair parting, making the different distribution of hair look even more extreme. With your face shape I would maybe also try a hairstyle that rounds out your face more to give it harmony, as I think your face is somewhat oblong (which is not a bad thing at all!) and this hairstyle doesn't really complement that. I would probably go to a professional hairdresser and ask for their opinion on what hairstyle would suit you and then let them cut/colour it - that way they cut maybe also cut some layers and put in some highlights, because from the picture your hair doesn't look as lively and rich as it could. Just my opinion:-)

• Don't listen to your dad. I've heard of MANY dads getting upset over their daughters cutting their hair short. I got a pixie cut 2 years ago that my dad hated and my friend cut her hair shoulder length and her dad hated it too. I think many dads just want their daughters to be seen as feminine and since they're from a different time than us they may see short hair on woman as too "butch" or too much like a lesbian. Etc.
    Long story short: it's somewhat normal for your dad to behave that way. If you like your hair then don't let him bother you. :)

• I think it actually really suits you. Certain women cannot pull off short hair (I'm one of them) but you wear it well. You're cute.

• It's not even that short. I wear my hair in a neat bob and my man loves it. I think it depends on your face and shape. I happen to look very good with short hair. I think it looks good. You have a nice face. Maybe your dad just said that because he isn't used to your hair yet. Give it a few weeks. Sometimes dads say things in context because they're afraid of guys hitting on you ;-)

• I think you look trendy with short hair. Maybe grow it half an inch longer but you look fine.

• You want truth, I'll give you truth. I personally prefer short hair on girls. I think you're gorgeous. However, I don't think you should worry about what anyone else thinks. If you like it, that's all that matters. The most sexy thing a woman can be is confident. If you have long hair, rock it, and be confident. If you have short hair, rock it, and be confident. Keep your chin up, because sweetheart, you rock it. ;)

• Aww thank you! I actually feel a lot more confident with short hair then I did with long hair. I usually hid behind my long hair in a sense lol

• Very true! Thank you so much for your opinion and taking your time to answer my question :D

• You're very welcome. ^_^

• Come on) Dads are always against short hair) Mine was too whet i cut mu hair for the first time. The most important thing is whether you feel good with short hair or not.

• I feel really good with short hair and I really love it. My dad just made me feel bad about it because right when he came home the first thing he said to me was my hair looks horrible and I'm stupid for cutting it short :/

• You know, when I was graduating from the university I decided to do my hair and went to a hairdresser and got curles. When my dad saw me he told me I was looking like one of the musketeers)

• I don't remember what your hair was like earlier but this doesn't look horrible at all. You look cute and can pull it off. But personally i like longer hair better.

• You look fine

• I think you look really good with short hair. I keep mine short, because that's what I think looks better on me but I love short hair, especially when it's combined with a sexy lipstick color, it's so feminine.

• It looks fine and you were able to try something different. Besides, the hair will grow back so there's no need to worry.

• no it looks good and its just hair.. it'll grow back :)

• Just about anyone can rock long hair, but not every girl can rock short hair. I feel with your facial features and face shape that you'd look better with long hair. No worries, hair grows back!

• Short hair is adorable in my opinion (:(: I would like to style my hair just like Kana Hanazawa (*^^*)

• It suits you well, I don't think it's a wrong move. :)

• do you like it?
    I think long hair will be more suitable for u

• I like it a lot, it's very refreshing and easy to maintain. Thanks for your opinion! :)

• i think that's all that matter :)
      no problem

• No idea what you looked like before.. but you look good with your new hair cut ^^

• No it looks cute!

• not bad indeed. but longer looks better on u

• It suits you!! :D

• Don't worry you look adorable your dad must be joking around

• You look good. :)

• I think it looks good... Not everyone can rock short hair.

• I think it looks nice. Very pretty

• I think it just needs to be styled.. it won't look bad.. you actually have the face to pull it off.. just style it a bit ☺