Zero makeup - How many guys/girls prefer it? Also, question?

I'm not talking about "it looks like she isn't wearing makeup." I mean *actually* not wearing any.

I don't wear makeup at all (except like 3-4 times a year at special events) and I get called beautiful a lot thank God. I'm really curious because not sure if I look better because I'm *not* wearing it or because I look on the level of girls who normally wear it. Are there girls who look best without it? Or maybe I'm thinking about this wrong and every girl has a look that suits her best (whether or not makeup is included) and I happen to look better as-is.

(It's a little depressing, to be honest, to have people say I look younger and/or not think that I look better when I attempt to dress up and actually wear makeup, just saying... feels like I shouldn't bother but I do like to dress up and add mascara etc. every so often. I don't know if it does anything though.)

Most Helpful Girl

• When i don't wear makeup everyone first asks why i look different and when i tell them i have no makeup on they look suprised and say how could you look so beautiful without makeup, they say i got green eyes i don't need makeup but honestly i love putting makeup on it makes me feel pretty and feminine :)

• Hahaha my friend had a similar reaction in the opposite scenario: "whoa are you wearing makeup? Weirrrrrd." And yeah that makes sense. :) I am a little unsure what to do bc apparently makeup doesn't really help and I'm like uh ok so what am I supposed to do to go all out if I want to go to a special event or something? And I have green eyes too!

• thanks for the help!

• No problem ^^

What Guys Said 8

• I can apreciate both the "no make up look" and the "make up look". It depends on the situation, sometimes it might be nice to see her completely natural other times I think I could appreciate the added effort. That being said I don't like the "overdone clown "look. Less is more :)

Persoanally i can aplreciate the effort and do think makeup can enhance a girls looks if used correctly. Id say a little eyeshadow, blush, tiny bit of lip stick can definitely highlight a girls natural features and enhance them to make her look more alluring or captivating.

• I agree but I'm confused bc apparently I look best without makeup so am not sure how to go about looking better when I want to dress up lol. Thx!

• Yeah, maybe try to watch some makeup tutorials or do some reading online. Or just stick with the natural look since it works for you.
      you must have really nice skin :)

• I do, thank God - am really grateful bc I didn't have to deal with acne in addition to braces, glasses, and being a nerd. I would like to make my eyes stand out every so often... guess professional makeovers are useful and I wear it so rarely that I might as well get one of those haha. Thanks for the idea :)

• Well if you ask me, I always prefer people to have no makeup on, especially because mascara is my ultimate arch nemesis (never liked it, don't like it, I think it messes with the way a person looks way too much). So I wouldn't be surprised if you look better without it, most people do under the age of 35. Even then, I've never seen eyeshadow look good, for example.

• do u like it if she is like this >>>2.bp.blogspot.com/.../DSCN9084.JPG

• if her face is acne prone and u saw lots of acne would u still accept?

• @kangy well I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't, I have acne sometimes although I tend to fix that by pushing the crap out of them, but as such I have some scars here and there every once in a while. Worst case scenario I'd just recommend her to go to the cosmetician, those people are legitimately paid for removing those in an efficient manner.

• I prefer girls to wear a little bit of makeup. Some simple mascara or eyeliner. Nothing heavy or attention-grabbing please.

• Ok thanks and what would you suggest I do since apparently I look best without makeup but still want to get dressed up every so often (which in my mind includes makeup)?

• I'm comfortable whether a girl wears make-up or doesn't it makes no difference to me
    i would still love her the same

• I actually prefer make up sumtimes. I really appreciate the fact that she tried her hardest to look good juz for meh and i like that :*

• Hmm and apparently I look better without so not sure how to "try harder" lol

• Hahahaha the clown part and thanks for the help!

• Anytime cutie. Juz hit yo boi up!

• I actually prefer girls with a little makeup, like at least eyeliner and maybe a little cheek powder whatever it's called

• I prefer little to no make up. The more natural the better.

• A little makeup.

What Girls Said 9

• I had a question like this, that got a lot of answers - the poll on it answers your second question.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1225931-challenge-nomakeup-nofilter-selfie

For myself - I like wearing makeup - it's fun - but if I'm just lounging around the house, or quickly going to the shops I don't bother.

• I don't wear makeup. I absolutely hate the dang thing. One of my best friends wears a lot of makeup and I wish she wouldn't. She's so beautiful without it and doesn't even realize it. I wish she would go without it.

• Does it take away from how good she looks? That's such a strange concept to me given the media etc. - for me I suspect I look best without makeup but would like to know how else I'm supposed to really go all out when I want to go to a special event.

• I think it makes her look beautiful too. She looks so different with it on and without it on. I think she looks best without it though because it's natural. It's the real her and that's what I want to see. I barely even wear it to professional events. I don't really see what different it makes to go natural vs. makeup.

• If I'm not going anywhere and just in my area or to a mates house I won't wear any make up.. Work (foundation in my t zone, mascara and lip gloss) and that's it.

• I actually enjoy putting on makeup whether i need it or not. It makes me feel put together and its fun to do

• I don't wear make up, as in nothing. Nada. Dim byd. But I sometimes put a little on if I'm going out for the night somewhere special. Even then its very little.

• i prefer zero make up
    i feel so good and free without it

• No makeup at all?

If that's really you in your pic, you've got really good skin. You could pass for a 20 year old.

Also just curious why do you change your profile pic so often. I'm not sure if I'm going crazy but I feel like every time I see your profile you have a different pic :/

• @Bandit74 I would change again soon :PPPPP

• Lol I'm just glad that I'm not crazy. I was starting to think I was imagining it.

In my head I was like "there's no way she changes it that often!"

• I prefer some, but not too much. My normal thing (when I'm not running out the door lol) is to put on a bit of powder, eyeliner, and chapstick. My lashes are already kinda long and dark, so no mascara. Sometimes people can't tell the difference, but I think the eyeliner does make my eyes stand out a little more at least. I like it. Makes me feel more polished and put-together, lol. I use more when I go out or have special occasions.

About your second question, I don't know about best, but there are definitely girls who look great without it. It's just, usually when a girl has some well-done make-up on, she tends to look even prettier. I mean, that's the function of makeup - to enhance good features and hide flaws. She could still be beautiful without it, I just haven't really come across it being a negative looks-wise for anyone if applied right. Possibly for those guys who dislike make-up in general, it's a plus, though, since they prefer a completely natural face.

• How many guys can legitimately tell? Lol and it depends on how she looks.

• I have patchy red skin. I also hate my freckles. I at least always wear foundation.

• Guess I should have said "except concealer or foundation" (never quite got the difference)

• Concealer is for small patches and foundation is an overall coverage.