Does this sound like too much makeup?

Whenever I go out, I like to wear eyeliner, mascara, lip gloss, and eyeshadow. I make sure I don't cake it on.

I just can't go without it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. You can't go without it: that's a psychological problem brought on by society raising you to believe you can look like a super model and "need" makeup to be pretty. Even supermodels don't look like supermodels. They've been photoshopped.

Mascara = crying hazard
    Eye shadow = only corpses should have blue eyelids.

• "Crying hazard"? I don't see how guys crying over me is my problem... just joking.

• @mutedaisy, that's the problem right there. In every "from ugly to beautiful" photo sequence I've seen, it's actual "from human to monster". There's also my own experience with using makeup for costumes, though the memory that stands out is being clowns for a retirement home as a Boy Scout service project a long time ago: to get the makeup off, I had to shampoo my face. Same thing happened when the Army Reserve wanted to recruit me several years ago. I used to have a small exception for nail polish, but even that has faded.

The only person I've seen cry her mascara off I didn't even like; she'd ask me questions and then act like I was deliberately being rude when I gave her a direct answer. Also, she'd guess the ends of my sentences, and once did so three times, never being close to right.

• "Blue is certainly the most commonly used eyeshadow color"
      AHAHAHAHAHHA!

What Guys Said 3

• I think eyeshadow is too much. The rest is okay unless it's really heavy. All you need is a little bit. Don't make it completely noticeable.

• I've never seen eyeshadow look good before. I hate mascara but that's just me.

• I could careless. I actually apprciate the fact that u do it juz to impress meh ;3

What Girls Said 9

• That's little makeup that takes 7 minutes to throw on, 10 if you're filling in your eyebrows lol I do the same, but with my brows I must fill them in ^^

• i find eye liner and eye shadow make it seem too much
    but it is up to u girl
    if you like it, then u wear it

• do you discard ur make up when it cross the shelf life? i am thinking whether to throw away my mascara it has been opened since feb this year

• Not really... I try to keep it for as long as possible.

• That doesn't sound bad! Pretty minimal. I haven't worn makeup in forever (except for touching up my eyebrows), but I'd say as long as it doesn't take you forever to put your makeup on, you are good to go girl !

• If its within your comfort zone its your right to self-expression and therefore you can never have too much

• that's not too much. some people use on top of what you've listed: foundation, concealer, color to conture their face, highlighter, blush, lipliner, lipstick, fake eyelashes, paint their eyebrows.. not sure if there's even more I forgot to list. so you aren't even at 50% at the scala of 0% no make up to 100% full makeup.

• I can't afford to paint a mask on my face every day. Lol it would be nice to be able to buy a good supply of dior eyeshadow and dior mascara XD

• I assumed she meant never leaving the house without it. Day or night, but is asking for day time makeup, because at night is when you want to have heavier makeup on with nothing to worry about. Day time makeup has gone in the less is more direction.

• @mutedaisy well, even if it's for day time makeup, it's still little. some still use more than 4 items. just watch those YouTube makeup guru's natural makeup style in 10mins.

• That's not really a lot of makeup, I think what a lot of make up is and this is just my opinion is when girls cake it up on there faces, its like you can even see there real true beauty. I wear some make up but not all of it, just lipstick, mascara, and eye liner, I might start wearing false lashes, haven't decided yet though and I don't wear eye shadow at all.

• OMG!! I wore false eyelashes for high school prom and that was it.
      I really want to wear them again.

• All that other stuff though I don't wear, I don't have time for it. I just started wearing lipstick and I actually like it.

• You're welcome!!

• Sounds pretty basic for a night out. But unless the eyeliner is really thin and barely noticeable, I don't think it's necessary to pair it with eye shadow.

• No that's what I wear and I don't think its much!

• Lol not even close.

I wear primer, concealer, setting powder, contour powder, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, lipstick, lipgloss.

• It's when you start wearing big false eyelashes and tons of stuff when it gets to be too much. Makeup is fun enjoy it! :)

• Wow!! I probably wouldn't have the patience to do that.

• Lol it's not so bad it takes me about 10 mins. My sister wears a LOT more and it takes her an entire hour
      And to the guy voting me down I suppose you're one of those who thinks we do it for guys and their acceptance guess what I do it for me because I enjoy it so you can suck it.