What are your thoughts on dyed hair (unnatural colors)?

What do you think of hair that's dyed unnatural colors like blue, purple, neon red, etc? This includes the entire hair, streaks, dip dye... I'm thinking about dying some of my hair blue and I was just curious about what you guys thought about it :D My hair is really dark brown so I think it will look really cool. I'm not doing my entire head because I don't want to kill my hair too much, but I think dying hair in general is a fun way to express yourself :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I've dyed my hair all the colours under the sun, bit and in whole. Go for it, but blue fades to grey and green and if you have very dark hair it may require lightening to get a good colour on it. Bright colours are very hard to do on dark hair, but if you bleached a strip you could use a temporary dye (you get more vibrant colour usually) and change the colour regularly.

I love dyed hair but now I'm a grown up and have a boring job it isn't really suitable any more :( do it while you can :)

• Thanks for the advice!! That stinks that jobs these days don't allow you to express yourself like that.

• The reality of maintaining bright coloured hair gets boring too. To keep it looking good takes a lot of work when you have hair as long as mine. I haven't dyed my hair for two years and its still not back to natural quite yet, definitely time to let it have a break :)

• And yeah, I used to wear a lot of make up when I was 14/15. I grew out of that thankfully!

What Guys Said 3

• Can be funny for a little while but I always prefer natural colors.

• Freaky, fun personality. Prob not marriage material... for me.

• Haha well I guess I'm just at the age where I'm trying a bunch of new things :)

• I dyed my hair pink once. The dye was in a spray can and I had short hair at the time, so it didn't work very well. Looked a lot better than the dye jobs I've seen where it looks like they used Kool-Aid powder.

• May I know why you did that?

• I was going to a dance at my alternative high school. Wanted to do something a little different. The dye really didn't stick to my hair.

What Girls Said 8

• Go for it! When I was a teenager I had my hair dyed in pink and purple. I didn't do my entire head too.
    Just be careful because unnatural colors are not permanent and they usually fade in around 2-3 weeks depending on the color.

• Okay, thanks for the advice! Pink and purple is such a great color combo by the way :)

• You're welcome! And thanks :D!

• I think it's fun! You should go for it! I once dyed the tips of my hair lavender and it didn't last as long as I would have liked it to, but it was a neat little thing. :-)

• That must have looked really cool! I'm definitely doing it :)

• Alright, turning up the sass factor with your hair! Love it.

• Do it! I've been thinking of dying my tips too, probably to purple or blue. :D

• It's fun, I did it for a few months.

• You're young, go for it!

• i find lavender purple nice but it depends on how it is done.
    overall, i still prefer natural colours

• Go for it! :) when I was younger I dyed my hair purple & I loved it. Now that I'm older I stick to natural colors. You're young, have fun & try it!

• You're so pretty! I bet the purple looked really nice. Yeah, I figured now would be the best time to try new things :)

• Aw, thank you! :) That's right, it's always best to expirement when you're young!

• It's cute! Go for it