Do you find braces unattractive?

I'm 16 and I just got braces.

Is that seen as a turnoff?

Will it affect how they judge the rest of my appearance?

And, yes, I get that they will eventually be taken off, and It'll be worth it in the end. But I'd like to know the impression I'm making on the boys when it comes to my smile! So this question is aimed towards the guys, but girls feel free to give in your 2 cents.

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was in high school, braces didn't make a difference since so many people have them at that age. I had to get them again back in February (I just got them off a couple weeks ago), and guys didn't treat me any differently, it was more like a "Do whatever you have to do" type of thing. They were meant to fix a problem, and then they were gone--not a big deal.

What Guys Said 3

• No. It won't affect your appearance at all. If you were good looking before braces, you will still be good looking with braces.

You're still in high school so it's really not a big deal at all. It's the people in their 20s or older that look weird with braces.

• braces are cute!

• it doesn't really matter to tell the truth.

What Girls Said 2

• No they are normal to have everyone gets them I think its so much better to have them and for your teeth to look great after instead of having teeth that look awful.

• I think braces are great, it takes a little bit of sacrifice to wear them as they aren't the most comfortable thing to have but the results are the best bit =)