Tattoos on infants: how do you feel about tattooing infants? Do you think it is worth the art?

i2.asntown.net/.../tattooed-baby.jpg

How do you feel about infants getting tattooed permanently?

Bonus question: how do you feel about male circumcision? :P

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I think the infant should grow up into an adult first. If s/he ever wants one, s/he will get it done later in life.
    Poor things. I mean, they are so tiny, and they have to bear with all that pain of getting tattooed.

Circumcision? I'd say "no" to circumcision too.

Both are like forcing your views down an innocent infant's throat... The infant has nooo idea about anything and can't say "no" to it...

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 18

• The second I saw that this was posted by you, I knew there would be a circumcision twist in there somewhere.

• I don't think they should put in such big tattoos as shown in the pic. What if the kid grows up hating it? It would leave a scar mentally too. A small one as a mark of love from the child's parents/loved ones should be fine.

• I think that is ridiculous. For one babies have very sensitive skin and all the ink they use has so many different chemicals in it. Also the needles that they use, if they are not cleaned properly that could cause irritation to the babies skin and even an infection. Also the pain of getting the tattoo done. It's hard for adults to take the pain talk less of a baby. Let the baby grow up and decide weather he or she wants a tattoo and if he or she wants a tattoo let them pick what tattoo they wants. If I were a social worker and I saw a parent who tattooed their baby, I would take that child away from that parent.

• Trying to draw parallels, I get it.
    But, it's not comparable.

• I agree. Tattoos don't usually cause long-term health problems and mess with your sex life, and you're not removing anything that was naturally a part of you. So in that regard, circumcision is *way* worse.

• It's not really a question of agreement. Circumcision is mutilation and unnecessary "plastic" surgery, a violation of one's right to their own bodily integrity.

• It's a matter for you, my dear.

• STOP FUCKING STOP

• No. Parents do not have the right to do this to their child

• So so so wrong!!
    WTF no!! Whoever did that needs to be screwed by a damn cactus cause tht ish is fucked up

• No. I'm against infant tattooing, involuntary circumcision as well as infant baptism, since we're on the subject of child abuse anyway.

• Boy, you DO like to post questions with shock factors =)

• It is wrong. The infant cannot give consent to something that will stay on them for the rest of their lives. It's something that everyone should choose for themselves. They're human beings. They can't be marked against their will like animals.

• lol, this can't be real. it wouldn't even be legal.

• Dummy that shit is FAKE.
    &the only reason I have any view on circumcision is just cuz it's fucking painful when a guys dick is too big in girth which does have a direct correlation to circumcised vs uncircumcised and too-thick-dicks

• I think that's fucked up

• No it shldnt be done. My gosh I feel pain for the bb

• Sick sick sick thing to do to an innocent baby. Both the tattoos and circumcision.

• Isn't that a doll?
    Either way, tattooing an infant is wrong kn sk many levels.

• No shit oh god no no no what is this shit nonono no no no

• That's absolutely terrible. Why.. why would parents do that.

What Guys Said 15

• Alternating a person's body permanently in an unnatural way is evil, and beyond redemption. We are our bodies, and no one should have a right to change it to suit their personal tastes.

• Temporary tattoos - fine. I would think babies would be too squirmy to get a decent tattoo, plus the body tends to change too much; plus it's not like a piercing (hopefully fairly quick), or circumcision (health reasons, and done fairly quick - tattoos are a bit prolonged.) It's usually not cultural, so in general, I'd have issue with it.

"Well, we're all Cubs fans, so why not?" That's a dumb reason especially considering that the family likes the Cubbies, you can tell they don't make the best of decisions as it is... (ooooooh, snap! - Just playin' with you Cubbies fans - Just kidding around... with the both of you.)

On the other hand, I wouldn't have an issue with temporary tattoos... I think the temporary tattoos where you can write their phone number and name is an excellent idea.

• what, the, fuck.
    Simply put.

They're kids, and something permanent like that should be your own choice. I'm not against tattos you've chosen to take yourself, but this kid has to live with his parent's decissions all life! Also let's not forget that the kid will grow, the skin will stretch, and the tatto may likely look off as a result. NOT good looking.

• It is wrong, for the same reason that circumcision and piercings are wrong.

• I am seriously surprised that it's legal anywhere. If it is then it shouldn't be.

Something I saw in person once was an infant with a pierced ear that looked like it was infected. I thought it was sickening that parents would do that.

• No to tattoos, for one I don't know how growing would affect the tat. But regardless, tattoos are meaningless if the person they are on didn't get to pick them themselves. Your just ruining your child's potential to make his own decisions about putting art of his body in the future.

Circumcision however has several benefits, such as a decreased risk of transferring stds and getting them. As well as a lower risks for their partners. So I'm okay with male circumcision.

• So how do you feel about people for whom so much of their foreskin is cut off that the penis becomes shafed, and the person is in pain each time they get an erection?

• In which case you *really* don't get any benefits as you still need to wash under the remaining foreskin, lol.

• Um you actually do control that. You can easily specify that to your doctor as my parents did with me. And as I really don't wish to send you a dick pic, I hope you believe me when I say you really don't need to put any extra effort into cleaning it. There isn't really much to clean under. You just pull the skin down as if on the downward stroke of masturbation. The health benefits are still there, as the likelyhood of disease transfer is modified by the amount of surface area contact between you and your partner. Therefore any degree of a circumcision is of benefit in that regard. Secondly, as you've pointed out, circumcised penises are easier to clean and consequently are more hygienic by comparison.

• That does not look real.

• someone seems a little salty.

• I think it's extremely fucked up. The parents are physically scarring their child, who is unable to give consent, for their own gain and it will no doubt make the child susceptible to bullying as they grow older.

• Oh no way bad calll bad deal

• In my opinion for someone to get a tattoo they should be at least 18 years old. Our body are estimated to be fully grown at age 18 and if you get tattoo before that age, the tattoo will be warped as our body and skin grows and stretches.

• lol, who thought that was a good idea? And what tattoo artist agreed to do that?

• Tattoos on infants should be compulsory, bar-codes are a good idea. Circumcision optional lol

• I am against tattoos on people of all ages, infants especially.

• Such a person needs to be stoned.