Body image issues

who's got them? how do you feel better about yourself? I get so insecure sometimes about my body and I know insecurity is really a turn off but I don't know what to do to feel better about my body! I work out and try to eat healthy.. but sometimes I just get so frustrated with eating right and working out and I just say f*** it all and over eat.. sometimes I even purge after :(

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not overweight, but I'm in the process of losing weight because I want to be thinnerr. I work out and "Try" to eat healthy, but I usually deprive myself from fattening foods/foods I'm craving and then when I get stressed out I eat them and over induldge.

I think at some point along the way we all feel a little insecure about our body or feel like we need to improve. I just think you need to be happy with the way you look and don't compare yourself to celeberties because that'd make anyone want to be thin and make one unhappy with they way they look. Just eat healthy, work out and enjoy the way you look

What Guys Said 2

• oh I'm in the same boat. I have always been insecure about my size and weight throughout the years I've been called beast and giant and all sorts of things that just make you feel unaccepted. now I've gotten a lot better about it. I still weigh the same but I feel better just because the person I'm with. first time with my girlfriend I didn't even feel embarrassed. I can't even got to the beach and take off my shirt let alone not have any clothes on in front of someone. well it didn't bug me because who I was with. some people may still be assholes call me fatty or insult me but I'm the one who has such a wonderful person in my life who loves me and cares for me that it dosen't even bug me I'm happy with my life finally after years I have found the girl that is truly right to me and makes me feel so great about myself. I have gained so much more confidence about myself and any more I just can't stop smiling

• I understand. I've been obese for as long as I can remember. Always the fat kid. My depression keeps me from wanting to lose weight all the time, its just that f*ck it all attitude and what not. Recently though, I've been dieting and I've lost about 30 lbs in 4 months. I've gotta come up with something for exercise though. I hate being outside and I live alone and I'm broke all the time so no money for a treadmill and jogging/walking isn't gonna suit me. I just wouldn't be able to stick to it. Hmm.

What Girls Said 3

• We're all made differently for a reason. I've always been very conscience of my body because I come from a family where the women on both sides are bigger. My mom is skinny, but she walks 10 miles 5 days out of the week and eats healthy. My dad is fortunate enough to not have to worry about it. But, my and my older sister take after my mom more so and have to be careful. Right now I'm having issues because I'm barely 4 months pregnant and it's hard to tell if I just have a fat belly or am pregnant...and I always get looks which drives me crazy! But before that, I've always had wide hips, thick thighs, and lots of junk in the trunk hehe. I am just careful with what I eat...being healthy is WAY more important that "looking good" to the rest of the world. We can't all look stick thin like super models, but just think. Half those women starve themselves to look that way (some don't and are blessed to be able to eat whatever they want with a high metabolism). In 20 years, you think their gonna look healthy and beautiful after what they put their bodies through? No and they'll just get surgery and botox to try to fix it and look even more plastic and fake. But in 20 years, if you take care of your body, eat right and exercise daily, you'll live longer, have less health issues, and feel good :)

Sorry if that's a little all over the place. The hubby is sick and I had to keep getting up to help him.

• I do I'm very insecure about my body because everyone around me is always talking about weight issues and how they wanna be thin and are thin, it just gets old after a while and makes me feel bad because I'm acreage size and I've always struggled with my weight ever since I was young. I'm also very insecure about my height because I'm very very short and I'm sick of people telling me I'm short I think I figured that out a long time ago people!

• i'm pretty sure we all have insecurities about our bodies. I don't purge, but I do work out relentlessly, like sometimes I'll just go at it until the treadmill says I've burned 800 calories. and also pick my foods carefully, I have an eating disorder for sure, in that I punish myself if I eat wrong and I regret eating things I shouldn't have for days after I ate them. I'm very insecure about my body, I see improvements but I get on the scale and I can't believe what it says, how can I still weigh that much? why can't I have a perfect body?