What age should girls start wearing heels?

I'm going to this Christmas party and I literally have no shoes good enough to wear (that matches my outfit). I have these (simple) 21/2-3 inch black wedges (closed toe) that sit in a corner waiting for me to use them. I'm wondering if 13 is an appropriate age to start wearing heels. I mean I don't want to look like a younger person trying to seem "mature/older" (I once saw this 1st grader wearing 2 inch heels and I felt like rolling my eyes (I don't want that reaction)). I'm going to a family friends house and the guy I like will be there. it's a semiformal occasion (no jeans and t-shirts). My main question is: what is the right age to start wearing heels?
I'll try to find a pic of them as soon as possible! thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• If you know how to walk in them, feel comfortable, and look good with the dress then you can wear them no matter what your age is. You are not too young and not too old for heels to break your legs so you are fine.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• I don't know but i wore my first pair at the end of the 10th grade. girls r growing up much faster these days than i did tho. =/

• Will they look good with your outfit? Honestly, if you have the self awareness to ask this question of yourself, I'll bet you will look wonderful in them!

• I wore heels that high when I was twelve so you're fine. As long as you can walk in them and they match your outfit you should be good. Plus they're wedges which seem less "trying to look older" than stilettos.

• If they go with your outfit and they are comfortable enough for you to walk in them, then you should be good! Have fun!

• i seriously just started and i will be able to wear two inch heels on my sweet sixteen. its Christmas eve :) anyway, i only wore flats or boots that had small wedges when i was your age

• Yeah! 13 is fine as long as they're not like 4 or 5 inch heels...:/