Long haired guys? Yay or nay?

Should I cut my hair? Girls, you know long hair is a bitch. Sometimes I think it's just hair so I should cut it and save myself the trouble 'cause most girls prefer short hair on a guy anyway. But then sometimes it's not just hair, it's something that I feel like identifies me as an artist and a metalhead. Metal and it's philosophy is important to me and I like the tradition of having long hair but then again it's just hair, potentially very unattractive hair that makes a bad impression on people whom I want to find me attractive. Yet I'm not sure that many people share my ideas about what long hair means and if they don't then it really is just hair.

I don't know how to feel about this. In my mind a metalhead growing his hair out shows commitment to the culture because it takes like 3 years to grow out (for me at least). I feel like I might not be taken as seriously as an artist without it, but shouldn't finding a mate also be an important thing to consider.. It's just hair after all.. I don't know.

Fuck it, rate my bed hair. Does I have handsome or shall I cut and hope I don't look boring?

Thoughts? Feelings? Share.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yay for sure. I don't see too many guys with long hair where I live so it's novelty when I do see one. It sets you apart. You do look intimidating in your photo, but a good kind of intimidating. Only cut it if you really want to

What Girls Said 9

• I have only kno2n 2 guys that I liked with long hair. One was gorgeous and I loved his hair. Then he cut it and looked like a greek god... so short was even better for him. I digress...
    you have a really nice jawline. Cut that hair and show off your definition. I guarantee it will be an improvement.

• I like metal heads and before I used to like the long hair. But that was before I was having sex.
    Now I can't imagine having sex with someone with hair as long as mine.

I still like metal heads but the ones that keep their hair really short.

• You can cut your hair and still stay true to your culture of being a metal head.
    Or you can keep the long hair, and still find someone who will respect your views and what your long hair means to you.
    It all comes down to finding that person that understands you.

• honestly, if you like your hair length and are comfortable with it, dont cut it just to get girls, believe it or not some guys actually look better with long hair, so yeah just decide what you want, as look as you're confident and comfortable with the way u look girls will like u.

• I personally do not like long hair on guys but if you think your hair helps you express yourself, do whatever you want with it. You'll attract who you're meant to attract.

• I think you should cut it, it'll define your face better and you may end up giving a better impression to the people you like

• I'd cut it, long hair for me is a HUGE no no on a guy.

• Yes cut your hair

• I see where you are coming from. A lot of people are in fact judgmental when they meet a guy with long hair. If the girls you want to see you as attractive are clean cut girly girls, then your hair is probably off putting. Personally, I like longish hair on guys but we are few and far between.

Hair does mean a lot to people and society and it all depends on how you want to be seen. Long hair makes you seem like a more hard core metal head.

I do understand that long hair is a pain. For the painfulness I don't understand why you would have long hair.

Sure, your bead head doesn't look all that awesome. What long haired person does?

What Guys Said 8

• Long hair FTW.

Dude i've got long hair as well, and i'd never cut them again. I don't give a shit wether girls like it or nor.

And since you're a fan of metal keep your hair long... don't be like those pansies with short hair who listen to "smooth ballads" XD XD

• Would TAD have cut their hair? Sabbath? Slayer?

You're right, it's just hair, but since it means so much to you than I think you should keep it. When it gets too long for YOU, than cut it. Until then, if there's no problems just let it be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQFRQZ09mvE

• MAN Caring what other people think is SO NOT METAL. And the truth about women is... don't tell them I said this... but THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY LIKE OR WANT. Just be yourself man.

• I think you'll look awesome in short hair.

• Personally I'd keep it long but make sure it's controlled. I have extremely thick hair and for 3 years I had it below my shoulders and was totally clueless on how to keep it in check. If you can imagine what would happen if Janet Street-Porter and Chewbacca had a baby and then you throw that thing into a tumble dryer full of superglue and then pull it out and dry it off. That is a pretty close representation of what I looked like. Needless to say my long hair is long gone.
    But if you know what you're doing then this isn't a problem.
    Also, I'd keep it just for the fact of how important it is to you and if you don't want to make a bad impression just be sure to explain exactly what your hair means to you and if they're worth your time they should stay.
    Good luck :)

• I used to wear my hair long, but then I figured I looked better with shorter hair. Usually same with every guy, but there are some guys where I see them and I'm like "i should grow my hair long again because that looks sick". Got a ponytail picture?

• Yay sometimes

• Some dudes can carry it off others can't. Also it depends on your social scene and what you wan't your image to be. You look rock n roll to me.