What's wrong with band t shirts?

I am a plain girl. I wear jeans and t shirts pretty much everyday. I don't put much effort into cosmetic things like hair and make up (which in my opinion, I really don't need much - I'm not ugly). Anyway, for some reason, my mom doesn't want me to buy more band t shirts. I told her i was going to buy another one and she said "I thought we said you wouldn't buy anymore." to which i replied "well, it is my money so i'll buy whatever I want." and she was like, yeah thats true... blah blah blah.

What is so bad about band t shirts? I dont want to get dressed up everyday, i think comfort over fashion. Im not saying that I look like a homeless person with my jeans and t shirts. I just look normal which i am absolutely fine with.

Another point, I dry some of my hair (my bangs) and let the rest air dry and my mom constantly tells me that i should put more effort into looking nice.

Why is she trying to get me to change my ways? I dont see her reasoning. whenever i ask, she just says "because!" Is there something wrong with being comfortable and myself? I dress up when i need to but thats it. why can't she accept that?

Most Helpful Girl

• nothing. it's pretty much all i wore in high school until senior year. then i sort of went preppy lol.

What Guys Said 2

• d00d there's nothing wrong with it. who cares what other people think. i wore band tshirts a lot in high school.

• my mother has always been on my case about not dressing to look my best but i never really change lol. it may just be that she is your mother and just wants you too look nice because mothers like knowing their kids are looking their best. it's just a mother thing lol

What Girls Said 3

• Good for you. It's great that you feel that way, just like me.
    Just ignore her. That's what I do with my mom when she fusses about just the opposite. She wonders why I try so hard... I wear jeans and a sweatshirt almost everyday and all I do to my hair is brush it like 2 maybe 3 times (lots of thick, long hair. Uncontrollable) before we leave to go somewhere.

• nothing, i love them :) my mom does the same thing to my older bro.

• Nothing wrong with it. I used to wear them too.