Are skinnies ever acceptable on guys?

With the whole scene look out and about, a lot of guys are wearing tighter and tighter skinny jeans.

So, what do you think, are these style of jeans suited to guys, or should they just be left to female fashion?

• Yes, skinnies look good on guys
  • No way! Leave them to the girls
  • Not bothered really...

Most Helpful Girl

• The trend started in the 50's with a few people including Roy Rogers, then moved to The Ramones in Dr Martens, then Slayer wearing them with sneakers, The Strokes in the early 90's and Peter Doherty with Carl Bart totally kept it running through out the early 2000's. So, (after the boring abbreviated history of the pants, who even knew pants had origins?! ) I think if amazing people like these wore skinny pants. Every guy should be allowed to. A looser top or a jacket looks great with them so go ahead guys. The skinnies look hot.

What Girls Said 7

• It is EXTREMELY difficult for a straight guy to pull off skinnies. And to be honest, the emo/scene look is a total turnoff for me. So, chances are, if I see a guy in skinnies without black emo-hair and eyeliner, my gaydar is going to be going crazy. And if he does have the hair and eyeliner, well, I'm just probably not going to be interested.

• theyre sexy.

also depends on your style, and the type of girl you're trying to attract.

i dress 'scene' ish, and I luuuuuuuuv guys in skinnys <3

• Yes. It's a nice break from the baggy rapper-style jeans that have been popular for the last decade. They're good if you have a nice butt.

• Maybe for like extremely skinny scene kid types, but I wouldn't go for a guy like that. Some can pull it off but they are few and far between

• While I am all for "to each his own" I'm not really feeling the skinnies on dudes. I can't fathom my hubby rocking pants tighter than mines (and mines are tight). Please fells lets ya "boys" breath....you future children will thank you!

• Leave em to us unless your gay or emo. Trust me

• Really don't think men can pull off the skinny jean trend!

What Guys Said 6

• If you are 19 and older and still wearing chick jeans, that is not acceptable.

The same goes for baggy jeans that your butt is hanging out of.

As you get older, your day to day look get a little more conservative but still holding the sense of style that best suits you.

Something like that.

• Depends on what you mean by skinny

There's what I call "Fitted" and "Leotards"

"Fitted" is a thin look but have some room to flex - I think it can be a good look

"leotards" are skin tight and look like "tights" - gives the impression that a guy is cruising for guys

• To give you a better understanding - Levi's has two main skinny jeans(I'm not counting one of their lines which was a disaster) 510s and 511s - HM as has a good one and they call that line "NOW" jeans

511s = Good

510s = Bad or Gay Friendly

Also try to get ones that are a little longer, like if your normally a 32 length, get a 34 length

• I totally agree. The "leotard" look on guys. Not for me.

• I'm killing myself with all the typos here - one of those days I guess.

• I have been wearing straight-legged jeans for years; that's the style I like, and they are comfortable. Its mostly about personal preference, not what's in style. At least it seems that way for most guys.

• The only type of guys who are allowed to wear girls jeans are blind men....

I just wear jeans that fit me - To be exact, I have two pairs of jeans: one that fits nice and tight and one that is a little more baggy. I like the fitting one much more and plan on getting another like it. But what do I know, I'm Just A Random Guy.

• I actually have a couple girl pants, they look like low cut rocker pants that have that boot cut - they aren't skin tight though - I always get lots of complements from girls when I where them - makes me laugh a little

I think the trick here is to never ever wear skin tight pants, ESPECIALLY one that are tight around the crotch - thetas just plain uncomfortable and it scares small children - baby jesus included.

• i wear skinny jeans.not the completely skin tihgt ones the ones with alittle room.only about 5% of girls ik don't like it but 95% of guys call me gay and shit for it.idk, I like them.plus they are comfortable

• The only guys that can wear tight jeans are cowboys.

• Well I have been known to mix in the western look from time to time