Do girls only go for their "type" or do you guys not care?

basically what I'm trying to say is...

a preppy girl most likely wants a preppy guy right?

a punk girl wants a punk guy

a G wants a G

or do you girls not care?

Most Helpful Girl

• Generallt I'd say - people are more often to gravitate to people who are more their 'tpye' simply because they are the ones they are more likely to be around. But that doesn't mean we necceseraily only look there for guys.

A nice guy's a nice guy regardless of his 'type.'

It might just be easier to meet someone with similar style/type because of shared interestes. But that doesn't mean we're opposed to people with different ones.

Over the years I've been attracted to different types of guys. Spprty/stoner/rocker/chav ...

What Girls Said 30

• i don't really fit in any specific stereotype so I guess I sort of gravitate towards guys who are also have a bit of everything in them as well. the only "type" I know I'm into is the exotic thing. I like foreign looking guys. guys with interesting features. I'm not really into the abercrombie models or everyday looking guys. but that's not so much a style, which is what you're talking about.

• well I'm a really girly girl and when I started dating my boyfriend everyone thought we were so funny looking cos he's tall built and quite "thuggish". really is not into grooming etc. every "type" of guy has something attractive about him. it's the right personality attributes that shine through all that and that's how you get an attraction and a spark. at a first superficial glance, a hot guy is a hot guy, end of.

• honestly I will go for anyone who I find attractive and seem to fit my personality. Any guy who is nice funny smart and athletic is fine with me lol. He can be skater, preppy, rocker, jock, etc. I don't care for what society says I will like whoever I like. Hope this helped :)

• superficialy... I have my type of men that I like... the ones who have a sence of style and takecare of themselves...

ive tried gangsters, the quite guys (those you usualy feel bad for)... I don't know the attraction never lasted or there was never none

• I do care, actually. I don't want to jump into a relationship with a person I don't find attractive.

I don't really have a defined "type" or "style", so I'm attracted to all kinds of guys. Preps, punks, emos, rockers, anything really. As long as they're attractive, intelligent and fun to be around, I don't care if they wear kilts on sundays. I'm satisfied.

• I don't think I fit into a "type". And when it comes to guys, I don't have a type. It really depends on their personality.

• i guess we've all pretty much "tried" guys who our not our style.. I mean I've been with a gangsta rapper sh*t something it didn't work out, lame, the skater boy as well, the quiet one, the same.. and now I'm with this guy whom we're pretty much alike, we both believe that if I were a guy I'd be just like him and if he was a girl he'd be just like me as well..

• for a lot of girls its true that they go for the same "type" they are.

I however basically go for my opposite. I sort of feel like its also about what you "want to be" like I have a lot of girl friends who are more of the "preppy" type but they are attracted to the "hip-hop" or whatever type guys. Theyll never be that girl in the club or whatever the stereotypical girl for that type of guy is, but a lot of them would love to be that outgoing and secure with themselves and that man makes them feel that way!

At the end of the day its all about how a guy makes a girl feel, reguardless of their style. So just treat a girl right, after awhile, appearances mean absolutely nothing because you see each other as so much more than just looks.

Answer mine?

• I don't like to discriminate too much so as long as I'm attracted and we have somthing in common I don't see a problem.

But I'll admit I'm a geek and I want a geek boyfriend who likes the same stuff I do and we could play videogames together ect. xP

• I feel the same way as Cool Relax, I don't fit into a type, so the guys I like don't either, they haven't all been preppy, punky, or whatever. I like most guys, not a single type of guy. I don't think girls really say oh he's preppy so he's my type, I could be wrong but I don't think we do that.

• I think some do and others don't I usually go for a certain type of guy but my boyfriend now is not really the type of guy I would normally date.

• I myself actually don't care about how the guy's label, unless he's SERIOUSLY not my type ( i.e. racist ) I've been with guys nothing like me, and it went pretty decent... the relationships I've been in where the guy was just like me were shortlived.

As for other girls, it depends. You'll just have to get to know her and find out.

• I have a "type" but it doesn't mean I always date it. If your nice and compatible with me I couldn't give a f*** what you are : D

• for some girls its tru they don't like going out of ther comfort zone

but for most no

i like most types not just my type but when I'm wit my type I do feel that we are more comfortable and we have stuff in common but most of the time its irrelavent

• well I used to have a type...but now I'm open to anything.i've liked athletic,thug,punk,preppy,and fratty.

• im like this a lot of the time. I like to stick with people that are like myself. I'm a muso and fluctuate between a bohemian look and the indie look and I like the indie look on guys. but this doesn't mean that I'll never date others.

• Any guy who knows how to have fun, is fairly physically attractive, and caring iswhat I'm interested in!

• I don't really care, it depends on their personality more than what they might be labeled.

• Nope that's not always the case opposite attract.There are people who don't consider themselves any of those and still date very different people.

• lol no not all the time. That's like saying blacks only go for blacks, whites for whites, asians for asians, etc.

• i do have a type that I get along better with, that I'm more comfortable around

• I don't quite believe in labels but, I'm usually grouped in as kind of 'goth'/'cyber goth' and, I'm dating your typical nerdy gamer guy, We're clearly not the same clothing/style wise but, A lot of our interest are similar so, It works. :3

• NO! I really don't fit into a category, I'm a normal girl and I've dated guys on opposite sides of the spectrum. I've dated punks (bad idea!), skaters, nerds, gangsters, preps, and just normal guys. it really just depends on what floats your boat.

Although there was a common factor of badass and rebel which I'm trying not to be attracted to because I want a guy that I can depend on and not have to worry about getting into trouble with, you know...

• I think it depends because I knew a lot of people who were preppy and would only go with their type. It all depends how far they'd also go with someone different from them.

I was considered a 'prep' (I don't really think so) but I am attracted to musicians/skater guys? I seem to date the same kind of guys basically. I don't really like going with guys who look like Abercrombie models. I prefer a guy who likes to get a little dirty (in looks). My ex used to make fun of that and said we looked a bit awkward walking hand in hand.

• Actually, for me anyways, it all just depends on if I'm feelin the guy or not. because if we click, that's all that matters. It doesn't matter if he's not my type.

• no not exactly, girly girls like skater guys and preppy girls like emo guys so the type is more about look and great personalite :)

• It usualy seems like we go for our opposites like compleatly un cordenated goes for sports star other then that your compleatly right :)

• I have a general type that I go for (Polo wearing swagged out bad boys) but if I happen to meet a guy that has other qualities that I like then I could go outside my comfort zone. I like a guy right now that could be considered a little nerdy but he's sweet and cute =)

• I don't care, but everyone different.

• I don't care, but then again I don't fit into any "type."

What Guys Said 0