What's the big deal with stretch marks?

I'm just curious to figure out why girls don't like stretch marks?

There are a lot of questions on this site about them.

I found some on me and they are on my hips and I don't think their a big deal, but I am a guy though so lol

For the ladies can't you get rid of them with cocoa butter?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have stretch marks, but I don't think they're a big deal. Tons of people have them, so I don't see any reason why I should be insecure about mine. I don't purposely display them or anything like that, I just don't care that they're there. I developed early though, so I've had mine long enough that I don't even think about them anymore, they're just there. When I was younger, I was more insecure about them, but my thinking changed as I got older.

• A lot of people say that things like cocoa butter and vitamin E cream help stretch marks, but they actually don't (scientists have studied it). Something like Retin-A might help when the stretch marks are new and still red. Once they've faded, creams won't do anything.

• Does it REALLY look that bad?

To me I really don't see anything wrong with it.

I mean everyone grows so should everyone have some stretch marks?

I respect the female body as it is no make up and no plastic surgery

• That's pretty much what I said in my answer lol

What Girls Said 4

• Modern society.

It's just one of those things.

We're so often presented with the 'prefect' image - which a lot of people nowadays strive for. And in this image - stretch marks aren't included. So whilst we all know they're common, and fade over time, most people are still keen to try and hide those 'imperfections'.

• Because they can have coloring to them like purple or blue and they look like little bolts of lightning. It's embarrassing to have them on areas that a guy will see i.e. chest, stomach, thighs. Unfortunately, we cannot put make up on some of these places to hide them better. I would imagine that a guy would be turned off when he saw them.

• The cocoa butter works but you need to use it prior to getting stretch marks like when a lady gets pregnant. It worked for my friends. Once you have them, I don't think they can be removed- maybe with a laser procedure? I am not sure.

• When they are still red/pink/purple you can't git rid of them for the most part. After that when they are light they are scares and they are permenant for the most part. I think that they are unsightly for the most part, and my boobs grow and shrink up too 1 bra size during my cycle so its like loosing a contant battle. You just have to be regular with the coco butter or stretchmark corrector cream (btw is very expensive for the results).

• I have a little bit of stretch marks, but it's not that bad. I went suntanning and it just seems to be gone haha. I'm concerned about it 'cos it affects how I feel about my own body I guess. It's not about confidence but more about why is there a bloody stretch mark when I don't before. Yeah, that's me haha.

What Guys Said 2

• the big deal is that eventhough they´re natural you don´t see them in any magazines thanks to the existence of photoshop XD.

maybe women don´t like it because you can´t get rid of them .

• I just think people see them as ugly just like any other scars on the skin.

• I don't mind scars lol. They're only ugly if they're really gross-looking.