Why is it black women that are stereotyped for wearing weave?

It's true that the majority of black women do wear weave but a lot of people of other races wear it too. Plenty of white women wear weave to make their hair look thicker or whatever. Is it just because it's a lot more obvious when black women have weave on their head?

Most Helpful Guy

• "It's true that the majority of black women do wear weave"

The majority of white, Asian, hispanic, etc don't. It happens, but not often. Black women have a culture around weaves.

What Guys Said 4

• its simple because when y'all wear weaves its always long, straight, shiny and layed down lol

white girls wear the same weave but it blends in with the natural hair "IVE YET TO SEE A SNOWBUNNY WITH A FUCKING AFRO LOL"

• there are plenty of reason why our women are epitomized as the weave wearers... i've yet to see a black woman with a weave afor or dreads i think lol

• I'm so white it doesn't even occur to me black women have weaves.

• "It's true that the majority of black women do wear weave", congratulations.

• There's a difference between weave and extensions huh?

What Girls Said 4

• I've never heard someone stereotyping black women for wearing weaves.

On the other hand I have had to listen to black women go on and on about how much time and money they spend on their hair and stylists as though it's a status symbol.

It really doesn't matter to me.

• Never heard anything spoken about them

• Cuz that's all you see but like I used to wear it for a week once a month but I don't anymore like my hair I'd to ling to where weave doesn't compare to itand that gets annoying cuz I want to cut my hair now its to long

• I know what you're trying to say.. I think it's bullshit too...