How important is fashion to a guy?

I know that there are going to be different opinions from different people but it's just that I was raised to never leave the house without looking my best bc a guy would never look at me. So guys how important is is to you that we always look our best or at least have the latest fashion in clothes on?

I meant dressing nicely too, I don't really care about fashion or designer names.

Most Helpful Guy

• I know some guys that feel strongly about that. It's good to look your best when you go out regardless, because you're presenting yourself to the world.

But you could be in sweatpants with a stained wifebeater on when you're inside, I couldn't care less. At the same time, depending on the occasion, I might be embarrassed to take someone out that dressed inappropriately.

To me, clean is more important than fancy, and proper more important than brands.

If someone always needs to have the latest fashion clothes, I find that kind of pathetic. It would be a turnoff.

What Guys Said 12

• Depends on the fashion, that's the catch-22. But if its my taste, then yes, it matters a lot.

If I already know you, then of course it is easier to look past misgivings in one's wardrobe. But think about it, looks are apart of initial attraction and what makes people want to talk to you. What you wear can strongly augment or tarnish those looks, and you may come off as better or worse to different social, ethnic, and class groups.

It's kind of important to me. Even to this day my wife of many years dresses nicely. I just don't like tacky dressers, lol.

• Yea there are things I have heard that guys like about clothes like colors. For example, the color red supposedly always turns a man on for some reason. Yes it is better to always be presentable instead of not :P

• I really couldn't care less if a girl I liked wore a baggy shirt and ripped jeans. there is a reason I really like her and fashion ain't one of them :)

• I was raised the same way. I always go out dressed but appropriate for the occasion.
    I do tend to notice girls who dress nicely more often.
    It doesn't matter that much and actually following fashion trends is kind of crazy.
    As long as she looks good in what she wears, that's more important.

• It's not about the 'latest fashion' or the brand, that's something girls notice more about each other. What we care about is how well you look, simple as that. I'd take the girl with a $10 t-shirt + jeans + converse over the girl wearing designer clothes from head to bottom every single day.

• That is a really good way to answer the question! I don't care about brands either, just about what looks nice for the occasion :) Thank you for your opinion and that is a great way to look at it...

• I dont know fashion trends at all but I DO notice it when girls are dressed nicely. Its really attractive and makes it look like they look after themselves.

• i don't give a shit about fashion industry.

it's the most useless intustry around the world, that turns people into sheep

• Personally I make sure that things match and that I look good in the outfit.

• I don't really care about having the latest fashion clothes on. My clothes are normal and I don't dress badly.

• I personally like it when a girls looks presentable. I just don't want a girl with stains on her clothes and ripped up pants that's all. As far as fashion it doesn't matter. She can where what she wants freedom of expression :)

• Haha you would totally hate the jeans I wore today then, though they are supposed to be ripped

• That's fine. I meant if they looked worn out and sloppy like a hobo with crusty food all over them. It's the person not the clothes. I only two deal breakers nose rings like a bull and large ugly tattoos :) other than that nothing really bothers me

• In my opinion, fashion isn't that important to me. I wear the same outfit every day: track pants and sports jacket, unzipped, sleeves, rolled up. That's all.

• I can care less about designer clothes on a girl. Aslong as you dont come out looking like the cat lady from thr simpsons its all good.

• some days i care, other days i dont. just depends on my mood

What Girls Said 1

• It depends if he's shallow or not.