Do you look at your keyboard while typing?

I don't, I look at the words being typed. I thought everyone typed like this but apparently a lot of people look at their keyboard while typing and then check what they typed. Which one are you?

• I look at the keyboard while typing
  • I look at the words being typed on screen
  • Mixture of both

Most Helpful Guy

• Voted B), I honestly don't need to look at my keyboard at all. All I need to see is whether I pressed the right buttons or if I shifted somewhere or somehow managed to typo and miss out a button or something. If I don't shift away, I have pretty good accuracy and can often even tell if I pressed something wrong while I'm looking to the right, not looking at the screen at all...

• Thank you for the MHO! :D as a way to show my gratitude, I typed this message without looking at my computer screen at all while writing this. Hopefully I didn't make any typos, although I honestly doubt I did, I can kinda tell when I press a wrong key. Who knows if I got the 100% accuracy that I was planning on getting. Backtracking is hard, though.

• Lol I know what you mean, you can feel it when you make an error

• Unless you accidentally shift one to the right. One time I replied to someone on MSN Messenger while I was asleep. I wrote back, "I havr no idea" and I was like that's pretty decent considering I wrote that at 2:40 AM when I was completely asleep and I'm not even sure how I managed to type that, haha. (yeah, I sleepwalk sometimes o-o)

What Girls Said 11

• Sometimes I spell a word wrong more than once so I'm like wtf and stare at each key while I type. Basically a mixture of both.

• I'm a touch typer, lol. A lot of people think I'm really weird when they see me only looking at the screen while typing! xD

• No, not anymore. Voted B.

• I do both, I find my accuracy is higher when I look at the keyboard so if I'm in a rush I'll look at it - otherwise I'm trying to train myself not to

• Not really. Only when I am starting the sentence, to press the first letter. After that, I'm good to go.

• I usually look at the words being typed unless I need to put parenthesis and I need to use the shift keys (or something similar to that), then I'll look at my keyboard.

• Nope I learned typing without watching keyboard.

• Haha, I just had to check that. A mixture of both :P

• Voted B this way I know if I spelled something wrong

• Mixture but a lot of times I don't look at my keyboard

• From time to time

What Guys Said 12

• Generally touch type, but I've recently been changing laptop fairly frequently and have yet to addjust to the new keyboard, so I am kind of glancing at the keyboard every now and then.

• Most of the time. I can type fast and tell when I spelled something wrong. I see nothing bad or embarrassing about looking at the keyboard while typing.

• I would say I'm a mixture, but I look at he screen more than he board for sure. I grew up with pmayi g computer games which helped learn where keys were. Now it just sucks when I make a mistake and try to correct it without looking and make another mistake

• Nope. I know where the keys are our of habit.

• I've been using a tablet the past few years. And i do look at what im typing because sometimes it messes up. But with a full keyboard dont need to look at the keyboard and i can type 50 words per minute

• Mixture of both. Sometimes I get a bit disorientated so need to glance back down to re-position the fingers. lol

• I don't use a keyboard... :O

• never. I never even look at touchscreen while I type. . I use autocorrect by the way :p.

• Mines is a mixture of both.

• Every now and then

• Yeash i do

• Better to not look even if you're more innacurate, accuracy will build up over time.